RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Are you done yet? Are you done yet? :smokin: I likes the ZX pipes better but I'm a chrome whore.
Are they gonna be on your bike when we see you in NC? :headbang:
No chrome on this bike buddy. This will look good along with the black wheels.

I will not have these on for a while. I'm leaving for my trip in 3 days and really dont want to get into that before being on 2 wheels for a solid month far from home, ya know?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
I'm watching this thread for your progress. Meanwhile, I just bought a full replacement exhaust for the 7 so I can bend the main pipe and make the can parallel to the ground. This will make my Seahorse install better I hope.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
For the record, I was able to make a simple cut and reweld of the tip and flange to get the muffler to lay flat for my luggage. Second exhaust is on the shelf for a return to stock if necessary. Any closer on your project? (Sorry to keep sliming up your thread with news of a half-breed. Does this bike make me look fat?).

IMG_20140628_191452.jpg IMG_20140629_092850.jpg

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now you're ready for the long haul!!

I'm still on the road. 2700 miles into the trip. Currently in GA and headed to SC tomorrow. (see link below)

I'll have about 25K on it when I get back. I can already tell my valves need adjusting so when I have it down for that, I'll be putting on the new header and cans.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
IMG_1125.jpg IMG_0783.jpg

Well, the exhaust project has begun. Unfortunately I was off on how much higher the pipes would be by about 1.5" so tomorrow Im off to look for a hanger and then I can button this up or just haul it with the skins off to the dealer to get the valves done.

I did find an oil leak. Apparently there's a known issue with the O-Ring on the cam sensor that leaks. It was pretty grungy.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That Kegerator shot craps. Will be getting a replacement shortly.

Had to quit..It was 100 in my garage..Got them installed, flush coolant while I had it apart. Sounds sweet! Oh and no backfiring..LOL

Will put rest of bike together when it cools down later tonight.. May need to fiddle with placement to even them out a little more but theyre close enuf for now.

IMG_1134.jpg IMG_1130.jpg IMG_1132.jpg

·
Registered
834 Posts
Looks pretty good! :righton:

Not only great choice for the bike, but the Nissan Frontier is as well. Bought mine in February of 2006 and now approaching 120k miles. Got the 4X4, CC, 6-speed. :D

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks.
2011 SE 4X4. Crew Cab long bed. Drives in parking lots like a 26ft Pontoon Boat.
Bought it with 3500 on the odo and have just under 25K on it. Spends most of its life in parking garage at the airport.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Looks good Rasmith. Especially with the bags removed.

Exhaust is one thing I have never changed on a bike or any other vehicle. With my earplugs in and music playing I don't much hear anything from the bike anyway. The Voyager is already plenty loud with the stock exhaust and the Mean Streak came with the Jugg Huggers so it is plenty loud as well.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
I never thought I'd say this about a stock exhaust, but that looks great. I have a slip on Leo Vince on my c14, but this conversion is awesome. Well done.

Did you feel a power increase?

I like this set up you have as it would allow for a zx14 slip on if desired. The two pipe look suits this bike.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It's all about finding the right bike for the factory systems. Interesting how much better that system looks on this bike than the one it was designed for!

It's the same way with the 1000 exhaust IMO. It looks MUCH better on the Z1000 than the Ninja.

I'm still trying to figure out which bike could use the slab sided 636 exhaust..and look good as a result...

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I never thought I'd say this about a stock exhaust, but that looks great. I have a slip on Leo Vince on my c14, but this conversion is awesome. Well done.

Did you feel a power increase?

I like this set up you have as it would allow for a zx14 slip on if desired. The two pipe look suits this bike.
Thanks. 2008 Header with 2014 cans.. I have a set of chrome 2008 cans that I bought with the header. I just didn't care for the look because a lot of my bike is blacked out including the wheels so the chrome clashed. Black Cans are a showroom take-off so they were brand new..$160.00 for the pair
Slight increase on the lower end. and much smoother power band. Vibration is gone.

Now I have a set of chrome cans to get rid off

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
I cannot believe how much better that looks. very impressive.

I would be shocked if it did not help in the power department. I think kawasaki spent some real R&D time on the factory Zx14R exhaust. Adding a full system to those bikes does not add a bunch of power, which is unusual for an engine that bike.

So now you're bike looks better, still stealth quiet, and I bet makes a bit more power up top :) Sounds like a win to me.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
I cannot believe how much better that looks. very impressive.

I would be shocked if it did not help in the power department. I think kawasaki spent some real R&D time on the factory Zx14R exhaust. Adding a full system to those bikes does not add a bunch of power, which is unusual for an engine that bike.

So now you're bike looks better, still stealth quiet, and I bet makes a bit more power up top :) Sounds like a win to me.
The concours 14 was supplied in a very choked down tune. They guys were showing an increase from the stock 130's up into the 160's with a good exhaust and power commander..hum...sounds familiar....

Just the butterfly removal and power commander gave massive increases down low..hum.....where have we heard this before? AND..how the f did I end up with two bikes they did this to?

A modded c 14 is a wheelie machine. Its fun, too as the motorists look and either laugh or smile. Somehow, with bags on the driver and bike become less sinister, I guess.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts