RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to know if the 750 from the zx7 will fit the 6s frame. I also need to know where i can find a good priced stroker kit to take the 7 to 793cc. I know it can be done and i need you guys to help me out. Please let me know if any of you have heard of people doing this or havce tried it your self. And, if you like the idea, try it your self. Good luck and thanx for your help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
something between like 96-98 maybe a 2000 model on the frame. And whatever year of zx7 that will fit.

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
You should just get a 96-98 zx9. It looks the same as the 6 and will toast the 7.

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
Well OK then put the zx7 motor in the zx9 frame. It is a bolt in. You will never get a zx7 motor in a zx6r frame.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
:hah:I smell a challenge, ha ha ha ha:hah:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
if you can fit the 9 engine into the 7s frame, why not the 7 into the 6s, dat's all i be sayin'.
When i open up my shop with a buddy of mine, that will be our first side project.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i smell something too...

·
Registered
27 Posts
the reason it would fit into the 9 and not the 6 would be due to the difference in the size of the frame. Why ask a question then not listen when someone tries to tell you something?

I think someone did try to do it or DID do it and it required shaving some of the frame and cutting and relocating the upper motor mounts, or maybe im thinking of a diff bike/motor combo but I was pretty sure thats what it was.

and what does the tail on the 650 have to do with your original questioN?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, when you put the 9 motor in the 7 frame, you still have to relocate the mounts and vice versa. There is no such thing as a straight across bult-in install. What i wanted to know was if i could use the frame period before i bought the parts.:wedgie:

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
well, when you put the 9 motor in the 7 frame, you still have to relocate the mounts and vice versa. There is no such thing as a straight across bult-in install. What i wanted to know was if i could use the frame period before i bought the parts.:wedgie:
No such thing as a direct bolt in ? Just last week I put a srad 750 in a srad 600 frame. I just bolted it in. No mods at all needed. I hope if you open your own shop your buddy knows more than you.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
oh the fun is just begining, THE FUN IS JUST BEGINING!!!

it's great to bait people along that I have never met before in two completely different states!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, buster. my bad. i guess it's time for me to fess up. I know very little about modding bikes. I think i could learn a lot from you and other members of this site. If you will forgive me for getting in over my head and give me another chance, i will gladly take your advice. What do you think would be necessary in order to get the 7 engine to fit into the 6s frame? Would it even be worth it? Please let me know what you think.

Thanx in advance

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
I may be wrong but i was pretty sure the zx9 motor (early model only ) was a direct bolt in to a zx7 frame (89-95). If so the reverse is true. The 9 and the 6 look almost identical to each other. They share the same tail and upper fairing I think. So why cut weld and modify to get the 7 in the 6 frame ? Use the 9 frame and be done with it. I doubt there is even 5 pounds weight difference.

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
oh the fun is just begining, THE FUN IS JUST BEGINING!!!

it's great to bait people along that I have never met before in two completely different states!
Damb instigator !!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Is there really only that much weight difference? I didn't realize that. I just wanted the smaller size of the 6. And do you know about the stroker kit that i asked about. It is supposed to take it to 793.

This is what I wanted to do. I was going to stroke out the 7 to 793cc. And possibly increase the bore to push it over 800cc if i could. I would then put that engine into the 6s frame, do some custom plastics/fiberglassing, paint the bike a purple-ish black color, and paint ZX8R on the plastics. I would have the only one on the road. I guess i could still do that with the 9 frame, what do you think?
And what year of engine and frame would work the best?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I bet you won't do it!!! I bet you won't do it!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
jsmith, jsmith, jsmith. Still causing trouble? I bet you within the next 2 years i will have a full, working platform for the ZX8. I just need to know the name of the kit. Screw it, I'll just google it. And I will have those cylinder walls shaved so thin, you'll be able to see through them. (not really...) I will start gathering parts asap, so be waiting for some pics. I can't wait to get started. HOOAH!!! Sorry, got a little excited... How do you think a set of ZX10 or 12 tires would look on it? Oh, and would you require a weight limit??? And what the hell is a dampener??? I've seen them on track bikes, but would it do me good to use one? And if so, what brand would you suggest? I look forward to smokin' someone... ha ha ha...:alcy:

But it would be so much cooler to put a bigger engine in the smaller body works.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts