RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be crazy but is it even possible to make this happend ...... to have a zx14r swingarm on z1000 2nd gen ........ lol wanna ask before i try

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I will have pics soon the swingarm fits right in no cutting or spacers but the mounting for the shock is different . Z1000 is more to the right side and the zx14r is right at the middle . I'm finding spacers at work so I can make it work and see if I can plug and play a zx14r rim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here are some pictures i will have more detailed ones soon but all i did to the swingarm to make it fit was
1. Use the samez1000 frame axle( i think that is what you call it )
2. If you are looking at the bike from the back then on the right side you need to use the bearing or seal from the z1000 , The zx14r will come with a rubber seal on the right side that you need to take out in order to place the seal from the z1000 ( The seal comes out by hand) and on the left side uses the same seal,bearing from the
z1000 or the zx14r . Thats all you need to plug and play the swingarm

With the swingarm on now you have to play with the lower links in order to make them work ..... Im going to be using the zx14r shock because of my weight but you can also use a zx10r 06 07 that are ( plug and play ) Thanks to NFS240sx .
Now in order to make the stock lower links work and if you are lazy like me then you need to do some thinking , if you want to make your own then you can do that too and im sure it will be more easy but for now im doing the stock ones and seeing if i like it if not then i will do custom . The screw that goes in the swingarm on the buttom mounting will have to be longer and you will also need on the right side a 30mm spacer to make link on the right be straight with the shock and lol since im lazy im still working on the left side spaces once this is all done and tighten then i will put swingarm with zx14r axle and see how it will look .

Once i finish everything i will have more pics and all info remember im new at this and is my first time playing with the bike.......(i have my friend mechanic watching me lol so i dont make mistakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info so far, and the pics are great!

I'm not sure, but the frame of the 07+ Z750 is the same as the 07-09 Z1000 right?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Not slamming you... but what is the reason/advantage in doing this mod?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That looks like big dent on your exhaust link pipe ?>?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol every time someone post something there is always ppl telling you of your other problems lol not what you are actually doing.......................
Im doing this because
1. im bored at work
2. I wanna put zx14r wheels but im not sure how hard it was with original swingarm or dont know where to look
3. putting a zx14r swingarm means i can do a plug and play on the wheels with no modifications
4 I hate the stock wheels on the bike look horrible so i wanted something different : ) thats why and i think it looks great

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks for the info so far, and the pics are great!

I'm not sure, but the frame of the 07+ Z750 is the same as the 07-09 Z1000 right?
correct

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
l
Im doing this because
1. im bored at work
2. I wanna put zx14r wheels but im not sure how hard it was with original swingarm or dont know where to look
3. putting a zx14r swingarm means i can do a plug and play on the wheels with no modifications
4 I hate the stock wheels on the bike look horrible so i wanted something different : ) thats why and i think it looks great
No worries man... I knew you were looking for rear plastics and thought maybe the stock swingarm was damaged also. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things! BTW, are you selling the stock wheels? If so, are they knicked or damaged in any way... :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea im selling the stock wheel bro but i ran into a little problem with the left side of the sprocket not lining up it really sucks because everything was looking really good . Im now changing all my idea and soon will show you guys to how make it work with stock swingarm ....... with the zx14r swingarm i had to do same work as im doing now but no mods with the spacers for the shock so i decided to go back to stock swingarm and soon will have a complete write up step by step to make the zx14r wheels works lol i might even make more kits to sell for people that want to do it but dont want to take a long time building .

The bike will be on the road soon

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics comming soon i got the rear wheel zx14r on the stock swingarm to fit perfectly now with zx14r sprocket , z1000 axle and z1000 rear brake bracket looks amazing

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
yea im selling the stock wheel bro but i ran into a little problem with the left side of the sprocket not lining up it really sucks because everything was looking really good . Im now changing all my idea and soon will show you guys to how make it work with stock swingarm ....... with the zx14r swingarm i had to do same work as im doing now but no mods with the spacers for the shock so i decided to go back to stock swingarm and soon will have a complete write up step by step to make the zx14r wheels works lol i might even make more kits to sell for people that want to do it but dont want to take a long time building .

The bike will be on the road soon
That sucks, lining up the sprockets was the first thing I did when I put my VFR swingarm on. It required spacers though so it wasn't too bad. If the swingarm leaves you no wiggle room to do so that would make it hard unless you machined it down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Honestly im glad i played with it to really see how bad it would get and at the end all i really did was shaved down the wheel spacers, the zx14r sprocket , some of the z1000 brake caliper bracket and change a seal from open to a seal but at the end the wheel looks sick lol now i have to change my zx10r front wheel to zx14r .......

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok well here is final product everything lined up perfectly no problems ....i just hate that damn silver caliper , the bracket is getting painted black but the caliper is something i dont know yet . The front right now is a zx10r wheel but monday i will start witht the zx14r what you guys think ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts