RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!I 'm about to bite the bullet and swap my entire front end on my 2006 z750 after two years riding stock.I 've read almost the entire forum about fork swaps and I know about the zx6 and gsxr forks,but I can't find anything on zx10 forks.
Since the zx10 bottom triple with a 636 stem fits,maybe I can fit 2006 zx10 forks in my bike?Are there any pros putting litter suspension parts to my 750 or is it the same with 600's?Sorry for my english in advance!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bigger diameter upper on the 10 forks so you can't use the Z1000 upper triple. Your limited to using aftermarket unless you want to attempt running 3 inch rise clip-ons. I know on the 750s model it's impossible to run clip-ons without pushing the upper fairing forward 2-3 inches although it makes the bike look better imo. I believe I've seen a few base 750 models with clip-ons though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.topyokes.uk/product-category/kawasaki/
I found this company in Europe,so top triple should be ok?I can't find z1000 upper triples for the life of me!They either disappeared from the face of the earth,or they cost a fortune,so I thought I 'd go aftermarket.
Also, I don't care for the upper fairing since I'm going full nude with a single headlight.
I found a great offer for gsxr 750 k8 forks but I don't know if they are the same dimensions with the gsxr 600 another member has swapped here.Are they better than the zx's?Now I'm torn between the zx10 and the gsxr 750...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Zx10 will probably be sprung heavier so they might be the better option. You can try with stock clip-ons but it was super uncomfortable to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!I'll see if I can find a zx10 front!Do you know if there are other rims that will go into the zx10 front without too much hassle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts