RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today my husband and I are going to work on my riding his ZRX. He and I were riding yesterday (it was stinking 30 degrees outside, but we rode anyway) and I had an idea. I told him that if we could put the stock seat back on his ZRX and I could touch the ground better and feel comfortable riding it, that we'd sell my bike, I'd take his ZRX and let him get a new ZRX1200. His face lit up! So, we are going to try today.

I read on another thread that someone said the ZRX is technically lower than the ZR7s, but I suspect the seat is wider, so it feels taller. We might even try shaving the stock seat down on the edges to help my feet reach the ground a little better.

Anyway, I'm excited and nervous. I'd love to have his ZRX....woo hoo!!!! Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have Alpine riding boots to help me get better traction with the part of my foot that DOES touch the ground.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Twyla, it's a toss up on the seat. Ruby wants to take MY ZRX too. After riding it some she says it isn't bad. Your best bet would be to send the Corbin in and get a "nose job" done on it to reduce the width. Better yet, order a new one and he can put the old one on the 1200.

My bud wants to sell his tricked out ZX9, maybe , just maybe, I can swing getting it for her and keep her mind off my ZRX.

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it!! I rode the Z-Rex today!! WOO HOO!!!! That was fun, but I purposefully didn't test out the power because I didn't want to NOT want my bike any more. haha... We are beginning to think more like we keep the ZRX, and sell my ZR7 and his RC51 and each get another sport bike. That way we both have options. I used to LOVE my ZX6, so I may go back to that...who knows. All I know is that I am excited that I now have an option on what I ride for the day (given my husband doesn't really want to ride it).

Will Corbin take a seat back and "re-do" to add the nose job?? My idea was the same.....give him the old Corbin for his new bike, and order myself a new one.

Give the wife your ZRX....that way it is easier to talk her into getting you something new!! :)

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Twyla, will you and your husband adopt me? I'm clean. Housebroken. And I don't mind riding smokin' hand-me-down bikes. I eat more than an average pet, but we could work something out. Whaddya think? ;)

Emrah

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
and unlike most household pets he likes to bathe himself regularly, at least if there's hot water available :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

scott

·
Registered
78 Posts
zr7chic said:
Will Corbin take a seat back and "re-do" to add the nose job?? My idea was the same.....give him the old Corbin for his new bike, and order myself a new one.

Give the wife your ZRX....that way it is easier to talk her into getting you something new!! :)

Twyla,
Corbin will take the seat back and fix it but you may be better off to order a new one and sell the old one on the ZRX board classified. Just a thought, Corbin turn around is notoriously slow.

What!? Give her the Rex?!? Are you nuts? I love my Rex
. And I already went and got something new in March. (I'm one of those very lucky guys who doesn't have to ask.:~ Or just doesn't stop to ask.;)

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/5/21/51/19852151FkNwLRxsWO_ph.jpg

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow Greg....that's nice!!! I'm not talking give her the Rex and you get nothing....the idea is you give her the Rex and then go get yourself the 1200!! That's what I was going to do for my husband. Can you believe that one dealer only offered my husband $6500 for his RC51?!?! That's insane! The other dealer in town offered way more than that just to buy it outright....not even a trade in for something new. I told those people yesterday that they were nuts! I told him to sell the RC (if he wants to) and get the 1200. He really likes that idea, so we will probably end up doing it.

emrah.....we already have two dogs, and one of them even likes to ride! We both ride so much that your only option (unless you bring your own of course) is the Sportster. :) Move to Texas....come ride with us!! My husband lets people he knows try out his bikes all the time (only if he has ridden with them a lot and knows their skill level). I mean, think about it....he let me ride the Rex and I can barely touch the ground!

emrah....also, it sounds like you might want to go live with Greg...he doesn't even have to discuss it to go buy a new bike....my husband and I discuss any purchase over $500. He sounds like Mr. Moneybags! :) haha....man, that ZX12 is beautiful!!!

Yesterday I sat on a ZX7 and ZX6r, and both were pretty darn tall for me. It's hard for me to find a bike that is short enough for my 5'5 stature. The Corbin with a nose job will make the Rex perfect for me!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Y'all sound like my husband and me. But HE'S the one that says I need to take his FZ1 so he can trade my ZR7S for the new R1. Yeah right. He won't even let me ride the FZ1, but if I let him get an R1, the FZ1 is mine. What's wrong with this picture? I really would rather not ride the FZ1 anyway cause then I will be like Twyla and want it. It's better for me not to know!

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ain't that the truth....man, I was happy with my little Ninja 250 until my husband's old roomate let me ride his ZX6R. That was all she wrote!!

Girl...take the FZ1!!!!!! If I could touch the ground, I'd take that bike in a heartbeat!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts