RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my imagination, or does it seem like the guys at the ZR_Riders (Yahoo) forum almost never post here and vice-versa? And what about that other forum (ZR-7)? It seems like no one ever posts to that one at all.

It also seems like those forums are mostly (no offense) idle chit-chat, whereas this one has a lot of really useful information. I don't mean for this to be a putdown, but it's striking how different these two forums are. But of course, there's room for everyone!

Is it just me? :?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
No Blu, it ain't just you. I've checked the others myself and just find that ZR7.com is just more interactive, informational, and well entertaining (and addictive) I might add. It's also user friendly (unlike SBW.com where you can get flamed). Some of the others are just...for lack of words, institutional or boring. This site is just more open. My thoughts, Tom :angel:

P.S. and Oh sh*t, I forgot to give credit to Jarel J. and George nutndun for making this thing superior to all bike sites to begin with, sorry guys. :eek:

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Blu,

I just wanted to clear things up. The other zr-7 forum is THIS forum but the old version. It was on EZboard and it was started by Jarel Jensen. Jarel decided that EZboard was too much of a hassle to be on because they were pestering him for money to keep it going. So George volunteered to setup this forum using vBulletin software on his ISP.

Jarel shut down the "old" zr-7 forum about a month ago. You can still view the information there but you cannot post to it.
Here is the link to the old zr-7 forum.
http://pub22.ezboard.com/bthezr7garageontheweb

Concerning the other ZR Riders forum, it is on Yahoo. That forum software isn't as easy to use as vBulletin. It is difficult to follow a thread and you can't display pictures in the message.
Here is the link to it:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZR_Riders

Andy

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Yeah, the Yahoo site seems dated. This board is real time. What I mean is 2001, not 1991.

You guys did a great job here. I think that's why the people on the board get such great feed back. I know I have.

I think I'd still be riding bone stock had I never wandered here. Can ya magine ? :)

Tony

·
Silver Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy,

Actually I was referring to the Yahoo ZR-7 forum, not the old ZR-7.com which I was a member of until we moved to nutndun's site here. I'm a member of the Yahoo ZR_Riders forum as well which has quite a bit of activity, but I was wondering why the Yahoo ZR-7 forum has almost none.

Oh well, the bottom line is that this forum ROCKS!

Blu

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Yahoo! ZR-7 Forum is dead. You can tell that by the fact that the only active link is for messages (i.e., no photos, chat, etc.).

There's even a thread there that mentions how everyone moved to the ZR Riders forum, but that the ZR-7 messages remained behind in case somebody wanted to search against the message base.

The ZR Riders forum isn't as nice, but at least it can be emailed in digest form. I get a couple emails a day, and it's easy to quickly go through it for worthwhile content. That way I only go the actual forum if I see something I want to respond to or a picture post I'd like to view.

·
The Commander
5,021 Posts
The Yahoo ZR-7 forum has been virtually inactive for over a year. The forum owner has been urged to shut it down, since all of the members there are also members of the ZR_Riders forum, but he's refused to do so (probably because it's free, so there's no motivation). As far as the ZR_Riders forum, it has a little different flavor than this one, lots more general conversation than here ("how's the weather" kind of stuff). Just a nice group of guys to hang out with. That forum is also for all Kawasaki ZR Owners, including ZRX, ZR-7 and Zephyr, so it's a little broader in scope. It's also more of a subscription type of forum, rather than a message board like this one. I originally created ZR-7.com and the ZR-7.com Forum because I saw the need for a site directed specifically at the ZR-7 owner, and one intended to be a permanent repository for useful information about the bike and as a research tool for owners. I don't think the subscription format lends itself to that purpose very well. The type of site we have here obviously takes a lot more work to keep running (thanks George), so we hope you all enjoy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts