RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning the carbs I managed to drop the setup on to concrete floor.. One carb body got bent from diaphragm side and obviously I tried to bend it back. Hard to guess the result?
So I need new carb setup or preferably only one new carb body. Quick search from ebay, and there isnt that many ZR7 carbs on sale. None in EU and none cheap.. The bike isnt in that good condition, has been crashed etc, so Im hoping for a cheaper option.
I would imagine there is several other bikes that came with similar Keihin setup? Google didnt really help at all, so if someone knows which bikes to look for?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That kinda is what Im asking :) Which bikes came with cvk32s? ZX6 (ZZR600) seems to have 36mm carbs Kawasaki ZZR600
Even GPZ500 based engines are listed as 34mm
1996 -> EN500 (vulcan) is the only Kawasaki I have found thats listed 32mm. Cant be the only one?

·
Registered
458 Posts
You are going too new. Try early liquid cooled Kawasaki 600s like the mid or late '80s

Understand, this is not that simple. Best thing is finding carbs for the ZR-7, because the facts other bikes had same 32 mm bodies, does not mean they had same jettings, needles or slides. However, all these are replaceable.

The 600s were (and are) sport bikes. the zr-7 more of a standard, thus carburetors were tuned accordingly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ah, the model names... ZX600A/B/C (GPZ600R in europe) got the 32s. Thanks
I just bought (well at least I paid) vulcan 500 carbs for 50€ shipped, so Im set for now. Although my plans suffered a "slight" setback, got the photos of the vulcan carbs from the seller and noticed that I had broken my ZR7 carbs from different end that I remembered. Its the K-TRICK end of the setup so I think there is not a cheaper option for that than ZR7 carbs...
I decided to buy the vulcan carbs anyway. Dont have high hopes getting the throttle position sensor properly in there but at least I should be able to confirm the bike works etc. Maybe even get the sensor in there with duct tape or something.
If I can get the bike running somewhat decent Ill try to find proper carbs and sell the old carbs cheap for zephyr/parts or something.
Edit. And yes, obviously the plan is to swap the internals.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
If you can get them adjusted right they will work without the Ktric. Maybe not as well as with it, but they will still work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts