·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well at least you're here!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I pop in from time to time, but I don't really need any help with anything and nothing much happens here. I have been working on my zr7 recently and was spaying the side panels today to a colour near the stock candy lightning blue. two reason, the stock set were a bit knackered and also I always thought the paint would look better if the side panels matched the tank and seat tail

·
Registered
401 Posts
I pop in from time to time, but I don't really need any help with anything and nothing much happens here. I have been working on my zr7 recently and was spaying the side panels today to a colour near the stock candy lightning blue. two reason, the stock set were a bit knackered and also I always thought the paint would look better if the side panels matched the tank and seat tail
Could you post up some pics? And some details on the prep work?

·
Registered
47 Posts
itis more a first go, I sanded the panels back, a spare set I got from ebay as mine were damaged, until I reached a standard I was willing to accept. next I used an aluminium silver as a base coat/primer as the panels had previously been painted black. then 2 coats of the colour coat, a nissan blue colour which looked a good match rather than the peugeot agean blue I had read was a good match. two coats of clear lacquer on top and I had something I was happy with. I never liked the grey panels a
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

standard

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I left the side panels the stock color, but added in some plastic gutter mesh to make them look more finished. A little hot glue and some scissors was all that was required. Inside doesn't need to be pretty as you only see the outside and it's clean and well defined by the cutout.

Audio equipment Automotive tire Gas Cylinder Flooring
Helmet Orange Eyewear Outdoor shoe Bag

Orange Amber Liquid Sleeve Food
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Bumper
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: Jerry BB and Zed7
21 - 27 of 27 Posts