RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looked at the current stats as of now for this sub forum (zr7)

Users Browsing this Forum

There are currently 54 users browsing this forum. (2 members & 52 guests)

Obo, sh0rtlife

It's a shame we don't have some others that contribute here other than the "regulars"

Perhaps some of you other 52 guests might want to sign up and say hi. We don't bite* *disclaimer, I can't speak for everyone.
Signing up is free and you will get access to all kinds of nice pictures and stuff :)

Come on, join the fun! There's so few of us left. When we go, you'll have nothing!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Yes come and join us, the more the merrier .
I come on here every day at some point, I'm in the UK so sometimes miss my pals a cross the pond with the time difference.

I have found it to be a great source of info and help these past 3 years, hopefully I have contributed to that knowledge base.

There are currently 53 users browsing this forum. (1 members & 52 guests)

shakennstirred

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still around,just haven't contributed recently. Sorry!
No worries mate, at least you are a registered member and not one of the lurkers "aka guests" I was poking at.

Reactions: welshbrummie74

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I win the lotto I'll make sure all of us get together for some great times. The non-registered folks will sure be sorry then. :headbang:

Reactions: shakennstirred

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
If it makes you guys feel better, this is the original forum. In the beginning none of the other bikes existed except for the ZRX and their site was so popular that we didn't add the ZRX forum for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Perhaps it's because there aren't may of we ZR-7 owners left, and after so many years, most of the questions have been asked and answered? I still read the forum a couple of times a week, but rarely find the need to post much anymore. It has been/still is a great resource, so much so that I'm looking to buy a new bike soon, and one of the "must haves" is a good owner's forum.

Reactions: Martin64 and Obo

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I sold my 2000 in 2005 with over 50k miles on it, so it was a pretty good run. And you're right Doug, there's a wealth of information in just this forum and a lot of it isn't necessarily just for the ZR7. I read through the other forums and alot of what these other guys are hashing out we all went through a long time ago.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I try and chime in on other folks issues on non 7/7s bikes here in the forum as I can. Hopefully I add more help than I do harm. lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I am planning on riding my ZR-7 for as long as I can, so sure hope this forum doesn't die. I will probably have some more questions and stuff when my riding seasons starts. Just need to rebuild the front master cylinder and change the oil and the fun will begin... Cant wait to have a sore *** from riding all day again :D

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I am planning on riding my ZR-7 for as long as I can, so sure hope this forum doesn't die. I will probably have some more questions and stuff when my riding seasons starts. Just need to rebuild the front master cylinder and change the oil and the fun will begin... Cant wait to have a sore *** from riding all day again :D
You'll fit right in as the rest of us are pains in the arse too. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a newby to your site, this has been invaluable for an OLD Honda SOHC rider that hasn't built a bike since the 70s.
Have a 2002 ZR-7S that had cosmetic issues, that were fun to fix using old techniques.
The ABS fairings that are used today repair easily with cheap ABS glue that you add scrap pieces of ABS pipe, let them dissolve in the glue and now you have a bonding agent with solids in it. Use fiberglass window screen as the splice over the damage (back side of course) and with some simple body work on the face you have a new part.
With this repair never turn down the opportunity of damaged ABS parts, just get them dirt cheap.
Will post pictures of my freshly completed bike with fairing (was in 5 pieces), seat cover (from Germany), fairing lowers (from Poland), forks and triple tree (from USA), Sport Bars (from Ninja 650 USA) and flush signals (from Canada). List goes on and on.
Picture post will be after my daughter shows me HOW.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome Mitcomm! Thanks for the tip on diy plastic welding.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's beautiful country. I have a buddy out that way a little further West in Vancouver. The far opposite of where I am on the Atlantic ocean. :) We're at 0C today with a snow/rain mix. Summer is on it's way though and I've seen a few bikes out on some of the warmer days. Still too much grit on the road, turns and intersections for my liking. As long as there's no black ice the 0*c temps don't bother me as I have proper gear and usually try to ride into the end of Nov (temps down to -5 again without black ice threats)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to try and ride year round here, depending on snow fall though.
Black ice IS A *****!
My ZR-7S was a cancer therapy build, old school, basic air/oil cooled bike are what I prefer.
This bike has been great over the last few weeks to clear my head.
Now to start on tuning up my sons 636 for the summer.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well I "made my bones" motorcycling in the Seattle metro area of the Great Pacific northwest so I've done a lot of riding in the cold and wet, even in the snow from time to time. I'm in the "Land of Oz" south central Kansas now so I ride in the extremes of temperatures now. Lowest 6 above and highest of 121. Honestly here we have some of the longest non sunbelt riding seasons of any area.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yep, and I was there too !

[I mean in the original ZR-7 forum.]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts