RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to remove the rear sticker from the ZR7 have any of you done it without problems? I am thinking of having a new sticker made up that would have 750 F2 on it. Thanks Kim

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
the 'zr-7/zr-7s' stickers on the tail should come off pretty easily. use a hair dryer to warm them up and get a can of sticker adhesive remover from an autoparts store. 'bug and tar remover' or wd-40 can help clean up any remaining mess. same goes for the one on the tank if you have a califronia model. i've removed this one myself.

to me it looks like the stickers on the tanks are under the clear coat and taking them off would harm the finish. one person here reported successfully removing them but i wouldn't recommend it.

scott :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
The tank stickers that Scott is talking about are the Idiot Stickers, Unleaded Fuel Only and Always Wear a Helmet, on top of the tank. The Kawasaki stickers on the sides of the tank are most definitely under the clearcoat and you would have to be crazy, or on crack, to want to attempt removing them.

BTW, I removed my idiot stickers the first weekend I had the bike home. The peeled up pretty easy and then I used a little WD-40 to remove the little bit of remaining glue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts