RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this works out.This is the first time I have tried thyis new thread thing.OK If anyone is interested in getting big inches out of your zr7 or zephyr here you go.Find yourself some 750 turbo rods.They 18mm wrist pins just like an 83 or 84 gpz1100.Get stock gpz 1100 pistons.Then get a kz1000 cylinder block to pirate the sleeves from.bore the top case,bore the 750 block to accept the kz1000 sleeves.Bore the kz1000 sleeves to 72.5mm rof the gpz pistons and put it together. You get 903cc.If you get your crank shaft stroked 5mm you get 983cc. What do you think?

·
3,609 Posts
I'm not sure 983cc's would work too good on the stock ZR transmission setup. Anyways, if you don't have those kind of tools at your disposal it would probably be easier and more cost effective to buy a new 1,000 cc machine if you really wanted one.

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure,ou could buy a 1000cc bike. Then you would be one of many.The only way you will understand is if you are a diehard gearhead. As for the tranny,remember the 750 turbo? There are many aftermarket parts including a 810 kit and larger turbos.Some put out over 100hp. It has the same tranny as the zr7.Have you looked at one apart? Looks just as beefy as the kz1000 tranny and look what they do with them.

·
3,609 Posts
It would be a pretty awesome feat to see one of these on the road. Leave all the ZR-7 stickers on so it's under cover. However, I'm not sure if I'd feel safe knowing that those 983cc's are air-cooled. Is there a way to liquid cool it? Maybe even just adding an electric fan would help.

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
However, I'm not sure if I'd feel safe knowing that those 983cc's are air-cooled.
There are plenty of the air cooled KZ1000 Police Specials still on the road either as retired cop bikes or still in service. And they still make them new for service as cop bikes and they are still air cooled.

·
Silver Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done this about 10 years ago,twice,once with and once without the stroked crank on a 82 gpz and a 85 turbo. If you use topnotch synthetic oil and this is the kicker,one of those huge 88 gsxr oil coolers on that puppy you will not have any trouble at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope this works out.This is the first time I have tried thyis new thread thing.OK If anyone is interested in getting big inches out of your zr7 or zephyr here you go.Find yourself some 750 turbo rods.They 18mm wrist pins just like an 83 or 84 gpz1100.Get stock gpz 1100 pistons.Then get a kz1000 cylinder block to pirate the sleeves from.bore the top case,bore the 750 block to accept the kz1000 sleeves.Bore the kz1000 sleeves to 72.5mm rof the gpz pistons and put it together. You get 903cc.If you get your crank shaft stroked 5mm you get 983cc. What do you think?
Hi Buster, hopefully you're still here and can answer a couple of questions.
1. Do you mean 5mm overall grind off the crank or go 5mm down ?
2. What do you mean when you ROF the pistons ?.
Sorry if I sound simple, Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts