RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this service manual just a free version. Allot of the way they describe how to do certain things is real in general. Example removing the carb they basically have remove seat remove tank remove carburetors. Or is this manual for the more experienced?Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

I hope I didn't just give random people full access to my files??

·
見る
2,900 Posts
Try manualibs.com for totally free factory workshop/owner manuals. I have used them many times.

You can read the manuals online or download them.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Allot of the way they describe how to do certain things is real in general. Example removing the carb they basically have remove seat remove tank remove carburetors.
Note that it also says you need to remove the tank to change the battery and/or air filter, but you don't really.

·
見る
2,900 Posts
Note that it also says you need to remove the tank to change the battery and/or air filter, but you don't really.
Same with my Aprilia - it says to remove the tank to replace the air filter - nope, the back of the tank is hinged, so it just needs to be propped up with a piece of wood or something similar.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Many times the factory manual has you take more steps than what is necessary to complete a certain task.
Generally, I always try to buy a factory paper manual for whatever bike I own. It is far superior to using a laptop or iPhone in the same way it is better to use a paper map when traveling long distances than it is to look over the route on an iPhone.
I paid about $23 bucks (shipped) for a barely used zr7S manual a year ago. However for a newer, modern bike they cost $100- $150. Screw that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts