RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

Anyone know if the ZR-7s handlebard are diffent than the ZR-7? I was at the dealer the other day and noticed the ZR-7s has handlebar weights. want to know if the will fit the ZR-7 handlebar. Thanks

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
The 2001 model handlebars have a threaded end cap which the weight screws into. You can get aftermarket weights a lot cheaper I do know this. My bike just got back yesterday from the wreck I had a couple of weeks ago and one of the weights was replaced.....$25.42.......for 1 weight. What a ripoff....but hey thats whats insurance is for. The weights are heavy and reduce most vibrations.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Hey Deserwolf,

What a difference, huh? I have a '00 model -7 and when I met up with Canyondog, he let me ride his -7s (not sure if it was a '00 or '01). In any case, the bar ends are noticeably longer. They change the whole feel of the bar. Not only with their weight, but visually when riding. Let me know if they work for you. I might want to try a set.

Emrah

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
One of my neighbors has en EX500 and it has the same ends as the 2001 and 2002 ZR-7, so I imagine they are a universal item for Kawasaki. If you have a motorcycle salvage place near by, you could probably save a few bucks by getting them there. You may have to repaint them, but a can of spray paint is alot cheaper than $50.00 for a set of new ends.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
too much! these things look way cool. just crazy enough that they probably work. if i don't go with bar end mirrors i might get some of these.

scott :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Extra Wt

Just pump in 5 OZ of silicon sealer into the handle bars! Worked pretty good for me.

Philip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts