RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New to the forum and to the bike (just got my 2000 ZR7 a few weeks ago). A friend was learning how to ride, and, to little surprise, laid it down as she came to a stop in the parking lot. No big deal, bought the bike with a few scratches anyway, but then a part (or two) clinked onto the ground... I haven't had time to wrench on the bike yet, so it doesn't look familiar to me. Any ideas?

Otherwise the bike was okay. Slight scratch on the clutch handle and handlebar end, but nothing else seems wrong. Rode home fine and everyone is okay (though a little embarrassed).

Appreciate any ideas!

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
No idea...

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I have no idea either. First thought is the rubber has to do with the side or center stand, possibly the part as well.
What side did the bike fall on?

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
I have no idea either. First thought is the rubber has to do with the side or center stand, possibly the part as well.
I was thinking that too but I don’t remember a piece like that. That bracket piece looks really clean. I don't remember how the tail section is supported either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It fell on the left (clutch/shifter) side. Odd part is I also didn't find a bolt to go with the threaded portion. Everything rides well and still looks good in place, so honest best guess is that a previous owner maybe left a bracket somewhere? Or it holds the fuse box in place? Any photos of under the seat by anyone?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That looks like one of the threaded mounting tabs for the factory hard bags you could option for the bike. That would be my best guess. If you look under the tail below the black passenger grab bars you may be able to spot a similar one on the other side.

Reactions: Martin64

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Since it looks clean with no broken bolt or sheared end, I'd guess it's something that was just in there. Does it look like the paint is cracked where it's bent? If not, it likely just fell out, along with the rubber bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts