RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the "can" from a ZX-7 will fit on a ZR-7?

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Dude I've seen this posted on our older board about a Kerker can
Yup, you do need the kit, It is basically the front end of the can that bolts onto the header. I'm assuming they're interchangable. You'll need the ZX7 parts, they are the same.
http://pub22.ezboard.com/fthezr7garageonthewebaccessories.showMessageRange?topicID=129.topic&start=21&stop=36
And I remember another thread back then about someone else recieving a can marked for the ZX-7. Ask ZR7Chic I think she had a D&D can.

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
The Micron I got said ZX-6R on the box. When I called Micron they said it was the same part number for the ZR-7. So I assume the the ZX-6R & ZR-7 are identical as far as the slip-on is concerned.

Andy

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, the reason that I ask the question is that I really want an Akropovic can. They are titanium and they sound great and they are raced by Team Kawasaki. Problem is that when I went in to the local dealership to purchase my can, the Lockhart book only listed ZX can's and nothing for our bike from Akropovic. We looked in other books and under other manufacturers to find out if part numbers matched between the two bikes (ZR-7 and ZX-7). They did not. I have a buddy that owned (stolen) a ZX and his and I stock cans seemed to be the same. I assumed that the same was true for the aftermarket products.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Accoring to their website for their 2001 lineup, it is "comming". Here is their list.

http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/IZDELKI/kawasaki.html

According to their site the only U.S. importer is Lockhart Phillips. LP does not have a ZR-7 application on their site, but maybe it is just not updated. I would email/call LP (you can't email/call Akrapovic)

Another idea would be to ask your local dealer if you can measure the distance between the bolts holding the can on the pipe on a ZX7 and if it matches the ZR7, your set.

Hope this helps.

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Good job, Ethan. I tried and tried to find an answer to DJ's question with no luck at all!! Parts411.com was no help, but from what I did find, the Akrapovic is expensive $$$...Tom :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
LUVCHLD said:
Guys, the reason that I ask the question is that I really want an Akropovic can.
Akropvic make a can for the ZR-7 in either titanium or carbon fibre.
I have the titanium one on my bike.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Andy Bajka said:
The Micron I got said ZX-6R on the box. When I called Micron they said it was the same part number for the ZR-7. So I assume the the ZX-6R & ZR-7 are identical as far as the slip-on is concerned.

Andy
Also Twyla posted that the ZR7 can is the same as the ZX6R.

My experience is that they are DIFFERENT!
I know this because I tried to fit on my ZR7 the Micron Carbon can of my friend's 1998 ZX6R when he was selling it, and it doesn't fit at all!
It would be nice because I would get the can for cheap, but no luck.
I don't knnow for sure about the ZX7, but the Devil can I got came in a box saying, ZX7-ZR7. Anyone interested should double check that though.

Aris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts