RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came with a ZG and because it was clear you could see the wiring harness from cluster. Previous owner used a piece of plastic to cover it when he used the shield. I went one step further and picked up some vinyl wrap from Wal-Mart. I think it turned out well.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
My ZG is tinted, but you can still see the wiring as well. The OEM clear shield is tinted on the bottom so you can't see them. I'd never thought about darkening it down but I like the idea. I'd likely darken mine down on the inside thought vs the outside.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to do that but when i got home the vinyl is one sided cause its got a sticky side like a sticker on it. Thats why i went Outside. But I tested it today and I dont get buffeting anymore. So gonna leave it one. For your info that vinyl strip is 6" and i placed it right at the point of the window. I think I'll take it off and use vht nightsades and do about 6 coats around the same height on the inside so that way it wont be chipped by stones etc.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Now that's, tinted.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've tried ZG's tall touring and double bubble windshields and frankly was ok with the looks but not very happy with the buffeting left by these screens so I'm going to go with a clear version from Laminar Lip. I use one on my 05' ZRX1200R and it works the best IMHO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried ZG's tall touring and double bubble windshields and frankly was ok with the looks but not very happy with the buffeting left by these screens so I'm going to go with a clear version from Laminar Lip. I use one on my 05' ZRX1200R and it works the best IMHO.
How tall are you?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I agree the touring screen doesn't help a lot with buffeting. I'd have done the MRA Vario https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-variotouringscreen-windshield-for-kawasaki-zr7s as my first choice, with the Laminar lip http://www.laminarlip.com/zr7s.php as a close 2nd, but I got a super deal on the ZG touring and being way less money, it was the current winner.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm 6'2" and don't suffer any buffeting with this ZG one. I did with the stock one. I will probably never put the stock one on.

I was reading some articles on buffeting and a lot of people seem to confuse buffeting (sever head shaking around/turbulance) and not buffeting (normal wind noise/resistance)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm 6 feet even. And the ZG windshields aim the edge of the still air/ clear air right at the base of my helmet. I wear earplugs so the sound isn't the issue but the buffeting "rattles" my very aerodynamically stable Bell Star helmet around a lot. The stock windshield with a clear Laminar Lip just works for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use a bell revolver evo helmet. Just noisy but its know for being a loud helmet lol. Upgrading next year to something better.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Bell makes a new design modular helmet the Bell SRT that is aligned with the new line of Bell Star helmets and looks like an excellent design if you are into modular style helmets. I'm not personally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts