RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I couldn't take it anymore so I went ahead and ordered one. It turns out they build these things on an "as needed" basis so now I get to wait 3 weeks for mine. Damn! :sadpace:

·
Registered
609 Posts
wowsa - had no idea... i will definately plan on this when i get one.
let us know how you like it - still hunting for a good review on the DB screen - thx

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone have this screen installed on their Ninja 1000 yet? Don't quite have the money for one yet, but I'd really like to find out if the difference is at all substantial?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've had one for probably close to a month, but the weather hasn't cooperated with my schedule and doesn't look like it's going to in the near future. :mad:

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My weather has been ridiculously good (boy do we need rain) but my screen is still being made. I'll post up as SOON as I get it! :sadpace:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I've had one for probably close to a month, but the weather hasn't cooperated with my schedule and doesn't look like it's going to in the near future. :mad:
HouTexNinja1000 and I are riding out to Fayetteville for lunch today if you want to come meet us.....but I understand that without heated gear today is a little cold and a lot windy. If it weren't for the Ninja being brand new I'd be on the Concours today for a little more wind protection. But I'll suck it up (and put lots of warm clothes on) and ride the new bike!

·
Registered
96 Posts
HouTexNinja1000 and I are riding out to Fayetteville for lunch today if you want to come meet us.....but I understand that without heated gear today is a little cold and a lot windy. If it weren't for the Ninja being brand new I'd be on the Concours today for a little more wind protection. But I'll suck it up (and put lots of warm clothes on) and ride the new bike!
I wimped out and rode the Connie. Just had to have the heated grips and better wind protection in addition to the heated liner--was snug as a bug in a rug. I bought the Oxford Sports heated grip kit for the N1K but haven't gotten around to installing them yet and am still researching a better windshield. The stocker (and the MRA smoke that I got) just doesn't block enough wind in any of the positions. Just need to find one that does the job without looking like a barn door.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I wimped out and rode the Connie. Just had to have the heated grips and better wind protection in addition to the heated liner--was snug as a bug in a rug. I bought the Oxford Sports heated grip kit for the N1K but haven't gotten around to installing them yet and am still researching a better windshield. The stocker (and the MRA smoke that I got) just doesn't block enough wind in any of the positions. Just need to find one that does the job without looking like a barn door.
I did NOT wimp out and ride my Concours. I put 335 miles on the new Ninja and there is no question that I made the right decision buying it. The bike is loads of fun, yet plenty comfy for a 300 plus mile day.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i'm also looking at Oxford sports heated grips and better wind screen - still waiting on a good detailed review on the ZG double bubble - I look forward to hearing about the Oxford Grips install and what screen you decide on. - thx

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought a powerbronze double bubble, almost identical to the ZG, amazing difference , total lack of wind buffeting now.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I bought a powerbronze double bubble, almost identical to the ZG, amazing difference , total lack of wind buffeting now.
Thanks for posting - I was not aware of that one. I'll do some googling, but where did you get it?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why did they need to make yours? On nice cycle.com they have some available.
I found a few tinted ones but I'm one of those oddballs who prefers a clear shield.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The ZG looks a little wider and taller. I can't wait to check it out.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I was out of town so I wasn't around. It would have been too cold for this wimp anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I was out of town so I wasn't around. It would have been too cold for this wimp anyway. :)
I can accept the "out of town", but if you were in town you could have driven the car :slap:

·
Registered
609 Posts
How do the ZG Double Bubble and Powerbronze Double Bubble compare? Does anyone have both (or did anyone try both)? They both look good - can't wait to get rid of the buffeting - I just need to pick one - thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
BTW, we're talking about the ZG "double bubble" (not the AZ "Sport Touring" - looks a good bit bigger, but not as big as the Calsci)?

1 - 20 of 168 Posts