RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is interested I posed a question to upgrading the suspension on the z750 and the response was positive, if not inviting...If anyone is interested in upgrading their suspension this offseason I got the following as a response to the question:
medburd said:
jarelj,

Are you folks doing anything with the z750s suspensions..front or rear as far as internal upgrades go or even making them completely adjustable. or is it up to the owners finding parts from a donar bike to get it right?

any word is appreciated..

happy holidays.

-medburd
jarelj said:
Sure, we can work with the Z750 as well, we just haven't had time to put a package together for it yet. We can do a similar upgrade to the Z750 forks as we do on the SV, since they're almost identical forks. You can also swap on an entire new front end, or we can probably do a cartridge conversion of some sort with the stock forks too. If someone with a Z750 wants to be the "guinea pig" for a front-rear suspension upgrade I can hook them up with a great deal on it. Shoot me a PM or e-mail at [email protected] if you'd like to give it a shot.
I Wish I had a bike to offer up to guinea on, but not until later in the 06 season...good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had Race Tech cartridge emulators installed in my Z750S. We kept the stock springs in there for now, because the mechanic thought that they seemed reasonably good and Race Tech didn't have the springs for the Z at that time.

The front end is better. But I'll be interested to see what Jarel can cook up the the lil' Z.

The motor is a winner out of the crate. Once the suspension is worthy of the motor, what's next? The brakes of course! I wish the manufacturers would keep marketing out of some of these decisions. Good brakes are a matter of safety of the streets. The lil' Z's are only just adequate.

·
Registered
350 Posts
deanzaZR said:
The lil' Z's are only just adequate.
So are the big Z's brakes. Thankfully with the big Z you can just bolt on some GSXR calipers and master cylinder (and SS lines, of course).

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Eugene said:
So are the big Z's brakes. Thankfully with the big Z you can just bolt on some GSXR calipers and master cylinder (and SS lines, of course).
Eugene,

Can you please remind me exacty what model GSXR you are referring to? Cheers!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
For a brake caliper upgrade measure your bolt to bolt center distance and the distance from the fork tab to caliper joint to disc distance. Armed with these two measurements go caliper shopping at your various bike dealers. When you find a nice 4 or 6 piston type that fits the measurements then hit up ebay for that particular caliper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Waiting for the bits

Hey Guys;

I'd be Scott and as of yet no bits from Jarel. It's turning to Spring up here and I can't wait. Once my reworked forks (catridge emulator) and revalved 636 shock is installed I'll post away.

The Original Mr.Zippywhoosh

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
zippywhoosh said:
Hey Guys;

I'd be Scott and as of yet no bits from Jarel. It's turning to Spring up here and I can't wait. Once my reworked forks (catridge emulator) and revalved 636 shock is installed I'll post away.

The Original Mr.Zippywhoosh

Did this idea just die?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I realize this topic is old and has been inactive for a while, but here goes...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

The pictures tell the basic story. I installed RaceTech Cartridge Emulators into my Z750 this past weekend. The difference is amazing: rideability is much improved!

Jay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fork Fix

Ok, a suitable "guinea pig" has been identified, thanks Scott! Front and rear suspension upgrades for the Z750 will be forthcoming in the near future...... :righton:
Has there been any progress on this... does anyone know specifically what emulators to order for Z750S forks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts