RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend which type of front brake discs are best for my Z750 all-weather commuter? I need stopping power, obvs. But longevity too. Want them to last for daily, all-weather use through the winter, at least. Gone for EBC pads habitually, but are their discs as good? If so, which would be the best for hard and fast road use? Thx in advance.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
I dont have any z750 experience, but I buy discs like soemoen who has a mental problem.

Ive owned several sets Braking, Galfer, Stock , Brembo and chinese rotors. Seriously, there isn't much difference between discs. Ive not tested each one for 50,000 miles, or anything like that, but as far as performance goes, pads are much more important than discs. Vesrah pads will make chinese rotors feel amazingly good.

I will say I do not care for wave shaped rotors. Those tend to bite really hard, initially. Some people like that. It does not feel very natural. I much prefer the feel from a round Brembo rotor.

With that said, I would have no problem running a nice set of used (stock) rotors I found on ebay. If you can find that. On an older bike, that might not be an option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. Going to look at Vesrah pads and round Brembo discs. I'm with you on a more natural feel to the brakes, without the initial bite being too hard. Thanks again.

I dont have any z750 experience, but I buy discs like soemoen who has a mental problem.

Ive owned several sets Braking, Galfer, Stock , Brembo and chinese rotors. Seriously, there isn't much difference between discs. Ive not tested each one for 50,000 miles, or anything like that, but as far as performance goes, pads are much more important than discs. Vesrah pads will make chinese rotors feel amazingly good.

I will say I do not care for wave shaped rotors. Those tend to bite really hard, initially. Some people like that. It does not feel very natural. I much prefer the feel from a round Brembo rotor.

With that said, I would have no problem running a nice set of used (stock) rotors I found on ebay. If you can find that. On an older bike, that might not be an option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts