RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Z750 2008, it has about 40.000 km on it. Right now i use it mostly in the city commuting. distances of like 10km at a time. I have driven 2352 km on it and my average fuel consumption so far is 7.4 L/100 (31.7 mpg). That seems high compared to 4.9 L/100km stated in manual and compared to some smaller cars that have lower fuel consumption even though they are like 5 times heavier. The cars are more aerodynamic and because of that even if they are a lot heavier dont have much higher fuel consumption. But in the city, there is barely any wind resistance if you drive like 40-60km/h (24-37mph).

1) So why does my bike use so much fuel to move around, compared to say, a scooter motorcycle ?

2) How can i improve my fuel efficiency ? When i need to drive from A - B and i dont joy ride, i try to keep the motors rpm at around 2500-3500 most of the time. Is that the optimal range where the motorbike is most fuel efficient ? Also when i see a red light, even if i am far away and there are no cars behind me, i let go of the throttle and slowly get there to do as little breaking as possible. Any other tips ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same problem with my 06 Z1000, 7,5 L/100 with normal cruising and only 6 L/100 with my 05 Hayabusa (each bikes have full exhaust, aftermarket air filter, perfect condition, but no tune).

In my opinion after a good ecu tune, fuel consumption will be really lower.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts