RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have the z750 abs m7f (2007) model. I have had the bike since January 2012 and have had it restricted to 33bhp by the local kawasaki dealers to comply with all the age business as im only 20 and haven been passed long. Basicly upon general maintenance and cleaning of the bike, I have removed the left hand side black plastic cover directly below the rider seat extending to just under the tank. I have noticed that there is a hexagonal plate which is mounted on an axle sort of thing, and it looks as though it should be holding some sort of cable (like that of a clutch cable with the cylindrical heads on the end of the wire) there are also 2 slots for a cable to run through underneath this hexagonal plate. When i first turn the ignition on before i fire up the bike. this hexagonal plate rotates one way. looks pretty normal and sounds ok, i just want to know if there should be any cable in the holes on the plate. I thought maybe it might have something to do with the restrictor kit, but then maybe the dealer should have gave me the cable that was removed so im not so sure. If any of you guys could have a look and see what the norm is I would be forever greatful. Thanks people. I look forward to hearing from you. Let me know if you think i sould upload a pic of it. cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm pretty sure the plate you are talking about is to operate the butterfly valves in the exhaust. If the cables are not connected in normally means you have an aftermarket exhaust? The restriction for your bike would be on the throttle bodies and is basically a plate that stops the throttle fully opening.
Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts