RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Z1K stator cover on Z750

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lmj301 
#1 ·
My 05 Z750 fell off the side stand (#¤%& cobble stone) and of course the stator cover cracked :mad:

I can't find any used covers for the 750, but I did locate a scrap yard with a cover for a 1st gen Z1000. But the big question is will this cover fit my bike? I know they use the same gasket, so I'm pretty sure the mounting is a match. But I don't know if there are some subtle differences internally which requires additional modification. The scrap yard is to far away to make the trip just to check, and the owner will not do a refund on used parts if it turns out that they don't match up.

So does anybody here know if the 1st gen Z1K stator cover will fit my 05 Z750? I've seen the question asked here before, but not answered unfortunately. Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
I went for it anyway. And the answer is..... (drum roll).... Yes it fits!!
The internals of the covers are exactly the same. As far as I can see the only difference is the color and the mount point for the case cover.

Now I can't help but wonder if that's the case with the clutch cover too...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.