RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Almost all of the big 4 bikes are the same and calipers are interchangeable. Brembo knows what you need, just ask them. And take some time do read the forum, A lot of good information has been added over the years and you will find everything you need if you serch or look at at the thread linked above. Glad you like the bike and welcome.
Thank you for your warm welcome! Now the question is which fork.. because I was intending on an Ohlins FG. I weigh in at 85kgs.
Yes, I am on some 05/06 forks.

I don't have any good measuring devices to give you an actual number on distance between the caliper bolts, but like UglyMutt said, most radial calipers are the same.

If you are ordering some Brembos, then you can just tell them what forks you are putting them on and they will be able to make sure you get the right ones.
Awesome, any recommendations for radials other than brembo? Are the '09-'10 tokico any good?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The 07 CBR1000RR calipers are pretty nice. I did some searching and found that the ZX6/10 guys were using them and had good reviews. I think the 08/09 CBR1000RR ones are supposed to be better but I found a good deal on the 07 and picked them up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 07 CBR1000RR calipers are pretty nice. I did some searching and found that the ZX6/10 guys were using them and had good reviews. I think the 08/09 CBR1000RR ones are supposed to be better but I found a good deal on the 07 and picked them up.
Are they all interchangeable as long as they are radial?

·
Registered
188 Posts
All the CBR ones that I talked about should be interchangable. I had to use 5mm spacers on the 07 cbr1000rr calipers with my 05/06 zx6 forks. I don't know about the 08/09 calipers, but I am betting that they will need some too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just like to let people know that i fitted a 2003 zx636 shock and 04 ax10 linkage with no issues to my 2003 z1000 first gen,it went straight on,and i fitted a 2002 full micron system.Only problem i had was i had to swap around the large bolt for the linkage,i had to move the side with the nut to the other side.It fitted perfect with z1000 exhaust gaskets,only thing is had to shorten the link pipe and make a new exhaust hanger,will post photos soon......

·
Registered
39 Posts
zx 10 r swingarm will fit the z but the shock on the z is at an offset,so you would need to move the brackets for the shock.You will nedd the zx10 wheel,as the z 1000 wheel has diferent size bearings and different spindle,u could get a wheel machined but easier to get a zx10 wheel......

·
Registered
709 Posts
does anyone know if the 1998-2001 zx9r front rotors work with a stock wheel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
CAN YOU PUT THE 04 50 ZX10 FAIRINGS ON A 03 Z 1000???? OR ARE THERE ANY OTHER FULL FAIRINGS MODS I CAN DO
THE WIND IS BRUTAL.:thud:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Why the hell would you want to do that.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
CAN YOU PUT THE 04 50 ZX10 FAIRINGS ON A 03 Z 1000???? OR ARE THERE ANY OTHER FULL FAIRINGS MODS I CAN DO
THE WIND IS BRUTAL.:thud:
If it's too windy for you, maybe a Gold Wing will fit the bill better.

I've never seen anyone try this, but I imagine anything is possible. Unless you got them for free, I think it'd be more cost effective to buy a ZX10.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I dont know but easy enough to figure out more importantly....why?? That is no upgrade in any sense but again I dont know your reasoning.
Buy a ZX shock ( maybe a spring ) and enjoy the upgrade

·
Registered
38 Posts
RS117 - I have been offered a ohlins shock from a 05 model (its virtually) brand new having only been used for 800kms for 1/3 price.

maso

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is the air filter conversion simply just removing the air box and bolting on the individual air filters? no bogging or any setup modifications needed?

161 - 180 of 203 Posts