RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just like to let people know that i fitted a 2003 zx636 shock and 04 ax10 linkage with no issues to my 2003 z1000 first gen,it went straight on,and i fitted a 2002 full micron system.Only problem i had was i had to swap around the large bolt for the linkage,i had to move the side with the nut to the other side.It fitted perfect with z1000 exhaust gaskets,only thing is had to shorten the link pipe and make a new exhaust hanger,will post photos soon......
what model bike was it originally for..?? I have a full Arata on my Zed, but I MISS the Micron Serpent system that is on my 12 !!! no knock on the Arata system, but would dern near KILL to get a Serpent for this Zed !!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Swapped a ZX14r rear shock into my 04 Z1000 this weekend. Nearly bolts in but needs the lower spacer shaved down and a washer on the lower bolt. Shock was about 1/2" or so shorter then the stocker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone had try using an 04-05 ZX10 swingarm or any ZX10 swingarm on an 03-06 Z1K?
Is it possible?
If so, it would be sweet to see with some pictures of it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
zx10r pivot axle is 20mm z1000 is 25mm. so unless you have a mill to make the parts it wont work. i made a conversion to put a ducati swingarm on my z which is a 20mm conversion. its for sale if you interested, ans it would work for what you want to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
zx10r pivot axle is 20mm z1000 is 25mm. so unless you have a mill to make the parts it wont work. i made a conversion to put a ducati swingarm on my z which is a 20mm conversion. its for sale if you interested, ans it would work for what you want to do.
Hmm... that's a thought. I was eying on the ZX10 swingarm change. Another thing is I'm kinda worry about the bolt on is off-center not sure if the zed is the same.
If I'm to fix the duc swingarm it will cost more as i need to get stuff like rims and so on then I imagine it ll damn sweet to have it. But anyway thanks for the offer mate, cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Y would u want to put other parts on Ur z dont u think awasaki put a lot of money into engineering these bikes to b perfect I ride mine to the fullespotential of the bike and I think its more than enough for any one when u start changing all these parts around I dont think its Good if those r better parts y wouldn't kawasaki put them on it wouldn't cost anymore just my opionion

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Y would u want to put other parts on Ur z dont u think awasaki put a lot of money into engineering these bikes to b perfect I ride mine to the fullespotential of the bike and I think its more than enough for any one when u start changing all these parts around I dont think its Good if those r better parts y wouldn't kawasaki put them on it wouldn't cost anymore just my opionion
Why would you buy a keyboard with all those keys on it if all you're gonna do is try and abbreviate every other word and confuse the hell out of us.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I wish we had a "like" function on here compstall

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I swapping my 05 z750 motor for an 06 1000 motor....
Ive got some nice pistons and cylinders from a bike that had one mile...head is junk due to a cracked cam cover but I have it anyway just for the valves etc...it also has a cracked mount...anyhow my did chain failed when I was forced to ride threw rocks spilled on an exit ramp...im guessing my hugger didnt help disperse rather trapped some...so It cut up my oil pump water pump housing it wheeled around the front sprocket and did a number. It is easily repairable thanks to the replacable pp. I need to know what else besides a motor (and its clutch cover) I need to switch. Is the wire harness going to easily be the same? Cdi box? Voltage reg must be same right?
Also intersted in zx10 throttle bodies so I dont waste money on the z1000 bodies just to swap later. However my bike will be crossing the u.s. twice within next year if all goes well...
Thanks everyone...I have been reading threads for months so I am somewhat familiar with the beasts on here.
Keep up the good work.
The z750s is the most well rounded screamer ive had...and I got mine for 2200 :)
I have a leo pipe...just remembered I need exhaust!
Whos got parts for sale! :)
Ive been buidling customs for a while, big thanks to the communities.
I have a 636 shock (rear)
Trex sliders, spools,
Ebay shorty levers
xenon headlight
Leo vince exhaust
Ebc pads front and rear
New pirellis
Mobil one oil
K&n filters
Cobra fuel adjust
Iridium plugs
Modded airbox lid
New cables throttle clutch
Barnett clutch kit
Did ert2 gold chain
Sunstar sprockets

Wants: front suspension swap aluminum swinger better front brakes 100 back tires

·
Registered
14 Posts
The ZX9R swing arm will work on the 05-06 Z750S as the shock mounts are located on the left side too. This also answers questions from us Z750S owners about fitting a 03-06 Z1000 swing arm to our frames as they are supposed to be the same but obviously not completely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I swapping my 05 z750 motor for an 06 1000 motor....
Ive got some nice pistons and cylinders from a bike that had one mile...head is junk due to a cracked cam cover but I have it anyway just for the valves etc...it also has a cracked mount...anyhow my did chain failed when I was forced to ride threw rocks spilled on an exit ramp...im guessing my hugger didnt help disperse rather trapped some...so It cut up my oil pump water pump housing it wheeled around the front sprocket and did a number. It is easily repairable thanks to the replacable pp. I need to know what else besides a motor (and its clutch cover) I need to switch. Is the wire harness going to easily be the same? Cdi box? Voltage reg must be same right?
Also intersted in zx10 throttle bodies so I dont waste money on the z1000 bodies just to swap later. However my bike will be crossing the u.s. twice within next year if all goes well...
Thanks everyone...I have been reading threads for months so I am somewhat familiar with the beasts on here.
Keep up the good work.
The z750s is the most well rounded screamer ive had...and I got mine for 2200 :)
I have a leo pipe...just remembered I need exhaust!
Whos got parts for sale! :)
Ive been buidling customs for a while, big thanks to the communities.
I have a 636 shock (rear)
Trex sliders, spools,
Ebay shorty levers
xenon headlight
Leo vince exhaust
Ebc pads front and rear
New pirellis
Mobil one oil
K&n filters
Cobra fuel adjust
Iridium plugs
Modded airbox lid
New cables throttle clutch
Barnett clutch kit
Did ert2 gold chain
Sunstar sprockets

Wants: front suspension swap aluminum swinger better front brakes 100 back tires
Check Ebay, I found a full system for the z1000 there for $360.00 Shipped.
Since the motors are essentially the same, I was sure it will bolt up to my 750 motor so I bought one.
Gonna do this and use the 03-06 Z1000 TB and intake manifolds, pod filters and a PCIII to squeeze some extra ponies out of the 750 motor.
I had a 2003 Z1000 and the amount of vibration that buzzed through to the handle bars was brutal on long rides. Once I filled the bar with bird shoot it was much better. About as much as what I feel in the bars of my Z750S now.
I also really like the extra protection you get from the 1/2 faring on the 750S.
With upgraded front (Matris/Racetech) and rear (04 ZX6R shock and linkage) suspension this has become a very nice bike for me.
Coming from liter bikes (06 ZX10R) has left me wishing for just a bit more power.
I am over the WFO racer boy phase of my riding but, still enjoy an occasional stint of whipping it through the corners of Coastal Highway 1 or Skyline drive up to Woodland :~

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey all
im seeing a heap of stuff for the first gen Z but does anyone have a list of mods for the Second gen, 09 Z1K. im mainly looking to do suspension (both front and rear)
i would like to put another swing arm on it aswell, the stock ones look bad, real bad
any help would be good
Cheers

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
hey all
im seeing a heap of stuff for the first gen Z but does anyone have a list of mods for the Second gen, 09 Z1K. im mainly looking to do suspension (both front and rear)
i would like to put another swing arm on it aswell, the stock ones look bad, real bad
any help would be good
Cheers
Start a new thread! Filling this one with the current gen Z would clutter this thread and I'd like to keep it concentrated on 1st gen. If you start a thread, guaranteed people will follow and info will flow. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rear shock from the ZX9R F fits with no mods, shock is 0.5mm longer but you do get a slightly heavier spring and proper compression and rebound adjustment. I'm around 200 pounds and going by the race tech calculator the zx9r spring is perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey all
any help would be good
Cheers
Happen to be selling an aftermarket exhaust system by chance? I'm looking for a slightly used set, prefer no scratches on the cans but let me know what you've got! Headers are my main priority but full system would be awesome

·
Registered
4 Posts
The rear shock from the ZX9R F fits with no mods, shock is 0.5mm longer but you do get a slightly heavier spring and proper compression and rebound adjustment. I'm around 200 pounds and going by the race tech calculator the zx9r spring is perfect.
I know this is a wicked old post, but did you put ZX9R rear shock on a 1st Z1k?

181 - 200 of 203 Posts