RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been on before, I have been offline for a few months, but what do you think of this? Not my bag, but after doing 800 miles in the rain in one day, i can see why people would like it!!

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Z1000SXTourer

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Sorry if this has been on before, I have been offline for a few months, but what do you think of this? Not my bag, but after doing 800 miles in the rain in one day, i can see why people would like it!!

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Z1000SXTourer
Haha... yeah, you've been gone awhile... here's some reading for you to catch up on! It's the Ninja 1000 in North America.

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60555

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60468

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60937

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60944

I prefer mine with Z1000 wheels... :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yea I think between the Z1000 and general sections there are probably 50 threads pertaining to this bike in some way or another. No big deal though :alcy:

I think it looks good, for someone who wants the SS look but wants something that is street oriented and comfortable I think it will be a great bike. Too much plastic for me but I think it will sell pretty well. You never know though, there are a lot of people that would rather buy the ZX6R or ZX10R just because they are SS bikes.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
This bike is for someone like me who rides 95% on the street and doesn't want the racer ergonomics. Plastics... no plastics - doesn't matter to me. I love my Z1000, but I didn't buy it because it was a naked bike, but rather because I fell in love with the overall styling of the bike. The fact that it had upright ergonomics compared to my previous SS bike is what made it a must have. I really like the new Z1000, but I can't justify the expense to trade up for it. On the other hand, the Ninja 1000 has a enough new gadgets and accessories that I can convince the wife that I need it! I still have to see it in person before I can make final judgement though.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
How do we contact a moderator to get a Ninja 1000 section added?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Probably won't happen until after the first of the year when more of them are available.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm headed to the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach this month. I will definitely check these out for sure. If I'm lucky and get there early enough I will be able to test drive it I'm sure. Sounds like a nice bike for the longer rides and it looks great too. I love going to the show every year and sitting on and checking out all the new toys for the following season.

·
Registered
347 Posts
...Not my bag, but after doing 800 miles in the rain in one day, i can see why people would like it!!
Hey Judgie...were you riding in circles over there or what??...800 miles would take ya right to the northern tip of Scotland wouldn't it??...haha. Just kiddin'!

I'm diggin' the new Z1000sx/Ninja1000 but I haven't seen one in person yet, although I heard a dealer about 60 miles from me is getting one soon. On another note...the closest Kawi dealer to me, just recently sold the one and only 2010 Z1000 they brought in last winter...lol. There was another Kwak dealer, now closed, that sold one 2010 Z1000, but I saw it a few weeks ago at an insurance auction in about six pieces...lol.

I might have actually considered buying this new Z1000sx if I hadn't just bought a Concours-14...but, no regrets, I think as a sport-touring bike, the new Z1000sx/Ninja1000 is too sporty for extended road trips....maybe a great weekender machine?..

One of the new bike mags I have did a comparo on four sport tourers...2010 Concours-14, 2010 FJR1300, 2010 VFR1200, and 2011 Triumph Sprint GT? I think. The overall decision/tone, was that the VFR and Sprint were too sporty to be proper sport touring bikes...this is where I think the new Z1000 tourer will land.

In any acse, I still love the look of it...and I'd have one in a heartbeat....I just need to wait until about 2013 before the 2011 models come down to my price range...hahahaha.

YMMV :killingme

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think as a sport-touring bike, the new Z1000sx/Ninja1000 is too sporty for extended road trips....maybe a great weekender machine?
Exactly, that's what I've thought too. It's definitely more of a touring bike over the Z1000 streetfighter, but it's not quite in the same class as your Concours where you have more room and would probably be more comfortable for those extended road trips in the saddle.

That being said, I'd like to see what some hard bags look like on the sides of the new Z1SX.

·
Registered
243 Posts
looks like a bigger 650r, i like it but i miss the twin sound of the 650r.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
looks like a bigger 650r, i like it but i miss the twin sound of the 650r.
You won't miss it for long... this bike is a huge step up from the 650r!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Judgie...were you riding in circles over there or what??...800 miles would take ya right to the northern tip of Scotland wouldn't it??...haha. Just kiddin'!
Ha Ha, luckily a trip from holland to austria!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You won't miss it for long... this bike is a huge step up from the 650r!
Hey Sheep, I got a quick photochop project for you. Take the mirrors and the windshield off of the Ninja 1000. I think it could look pretty slick, maybe fit it with the windscreen off our 2nd gen?? No hurry, just wondering.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Haha... I already cut the windscreen down, but didn't like it... I'll give your idea a shot! Oh, and I am checking to see if different bodywork would possibly fit... standby...

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts