RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Z1000sx 2017 clipons change

Hi everyone,
That's my first post in the forum, nickname Lyon (as always) real name Christos (as always too :) ),
just became a member, living in Athens-Greece.
Just got, one week ago, my new Z1000sx (green) and this is my first Kawasaki bike.
Already done 1200km at previous weekend and i have to say that it felt great!
But i think i will have to change two things: Clipons and the seat.
Seat will go to some expert and will be filled up with gel.

So the main theme are the clipons!
As the member #gogoKawi mentioned in another post:
''I want the bars lower, wider, and angled down a bit more, with the option to change them if I go to the track or do some serious touring''
this is exactly what i want.
There are two very helpfull post in this forum but they are about previous Zsx generations:
http://www.riderforums.com/3rd-gen-z1000-z1000sx-ninja-1000/74074-apex-clip-ons-n1k.html
&
http://www.riderforums.com/3rd-gen-z1000-z1000sx-ninja-1000/75579-handlebars-ninja-1000-a-7.html

So,
has anyone already done any kind of modification?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,
even if there was not any replay on my thread or any other help,
i feel that it is my obligation to give a feedback to this forum, because i got some serious informations as i described above.
I ordered those apex clipons size 50mm:
http://www.apexmfg.com/all-products/product/view/11/173

The installation was easy but first you will have to low the front end about 10mm to have the right clamp.
Now, my wrists, my back and my body are in the right potition to travel all day. (checked on a 2.100km trip just finished)
Note that my arse is not in pain at all because in the new riding potition i have to bend just a little so some of the body's weight goes on the hands.
I hope that this thread will help somebody
IMG_2481.JPG

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well, since I posted abut the SpeedyMoto clipons, I have since purchased a 2017 S1000Sx, and the exact parts fit the 2017. So, no worries there (and no need to raise your fork tubes either)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, since I posted abut the SpeedyMoto clipons, I have since purchased a 2017 S1000Sx, and the exact parts fit the 2017. So, no worries there (and no need to raise your fork tubes either)
I think the raising of the fork tubes is for changing the rake of the bike for sharper steering and not anything to do with the handlebars?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updating:
I made one more modification on those handlebars.
From the begining i hade the feeling that my arms stay a little bit wide, while travelling.
So after asking Mr apex and getting sure that there will be no problem,
i took out the bars again (just the bars), made new holes to get the switches nearest to the centre and cut the end of the bars brobably about 1 inch (2,5cm).
It feels even better now.
(remember to start fitting always from the right hadlebar because there are more parts (switch-brake) that must be mooved,
so this bar will give you the way and the position that you will apply to the left bar)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts