RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2008 Z1 and the previous owner put on a newer gen ZX14 front rim. Appears to still be Z forks. I’ve done a bit of looking and curious on a few things. I’m planning on doing the 636 fork swap but now I’m not sure if that zx14 rim works with the 636 forks or if I should just do a zx14 fork swap. I’d like to keep the Z’s triple trees as I’m doing a 1 1/8” bar setup. I have read that with 636 forks I’ll need the 636 axle and spacers, but being the 14 rim that’s thrown me a bit off track. Thanks all for any info! It’s much appreciated 👍

·
Registered
155 Posts
According to bike bandit the 06 zx6 and 06 zx14 use the same part numbers for the wheel axle and spacers so should be a straight swap you'll probably just need the zx6 fender.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awesome thanks for that. The wheel appears to be a 12-15 model year zx14 but I’m sure it’s the same bearings and dimensions as the 06. My forks are a bit tweaked so just trying to determine if I run zx6 forks or just get a good used set of z1000 forks as I want to keep my stock triples. Thanks again mate!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Depends on the year of forks used when it comes to brake lines they don't need to be longer if showa bpf's are used with nissen calipers like I have on my 750, but on the tokico calipers the lines bolt up lower on the caliper so any forks 08 and older will need lines. 08 and older forks should slide right into your forks, 09 and newer need to be bored out 2 mm. bigger so you're removing 1 mm. all around on both upper and lower triples. You're starting with an 08 z1k so it's all pretty much bolt on keeping your triples if you use 08 or older zx6 forks and calipers. I had to find z1k triples and then bore them out for mine yours should be much easier and cheaper to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts