RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drew something like this up years ago... looks like someone has finally made it.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I thought somebody in Indonesia made these.
Can't remember the details.

I'm very sure it was one of these wet Asian countries, just not sure anymore which one (could also be Malaysia etc ...)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
157 Posts
i would like to know if someone has put this on and how well it works. ever sense i put on the mototeck tidy tail i get gravel and water on the tail of my bike and i have scratched the paint removing them. also would like to see how it runs the wires for the light.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like to know if someone has put this on and how well it works. ever sense i put on the mototeck tidy tail i get gravel and water on the tail of my bike and i have scratched the paint removing them. also would like to see how it runs the wires for the light.
I have the evotech tail tidy in combination with the powerbronze hugger and it makes a significant difference. Obviously I am here because it still sucks and is worse than any other bike I have owned.
you can see from the side view that the hugger goes back much farther than the stock plastic one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I too have the powerbronze hugger.
The only difference it makes is that the suspension stays clean.

Even Powerbronze told me the extra length is there for looks, and not to protect you from any splatter.
You would need a lot longer one to get that result.
I also contacted another company who even made a longer one, and same story.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got hold of the guy on facebook last night. He's going to send me info. I will post anything I learn here.
Edit- He just sent me these pictures. Looks bulky but not that bad. Price will be a deciding factor for me as I don't really ride in
the slop much.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've had these before. This design was copied from a sym jet scooter.

I had one on my maxi scoot before in the Ph.. These shake like crazy when you're on the road. I don't know if they improved the design, just depends on who's making it I guess. But there are tons in Caloocan city (bike parts district).

The other parts on the bike looks promising though. I am going back to the ph in April and will try to visit this shop.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I wonder what it looks like with the fender removed and just the brackets if you only wanted to use it for touring / long trips ?

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
ahh, that bike is Naj, from phil., yes some say about that it shakes in high speed, those are made from thailand i think...
the guy that provided me with the z1000 kit (vietnam) also asked me about this.. its made of cnc alum. and can choose what style you want.. here are some
that he said, 110 usd plus shipping because it is cnc aluminum.. i asked him about shaking he said it is no as much because it is thick.. who knows..
i asked him for a group buy, we'll wait and see..

the plastics (fiberglass) that i got was this,

turned my z1000 to this..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those splash guards really work, i have seen bikes with that like ducatis and other indian brands, those splash guards cover the area just where the water is splashed from the wheel.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll be interested. I get caught in the rain more than a few times, annoying that I get up with swamp *** by the time I done from all the kickback.

Sign me up or send me link to get one please.

·
Registered
779 Posts
i will tell him about it.. ninja or z? as z has a different design.. i dont mind doing it.. no link, i just msg. the guy.. if anybody else is interested
just pm me.. better to do it in 1 go..

1 - 20 of 187 Posts