RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey.Found a guy who did reroute the Z750 headers so that its not coming across the rear suspension dogbone and welded an Akrapovic SP series slip on...looks a lot like akrapovic full system and he sells for cheap.Anyone done this mod?Any performance gain or loss?

·
Registered
346 Posts
A lot of engineering goes into a high quality exhaust system. Pipe diameter, tube lenth etc. etc. Being a hash job the final performance could be good, bad or horrible. Probably a negative on output but if it is louder it may seem faster, but alas, just another illusion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Z1000 has bigger diameter pipes, right at the exhaust port they're the same but the 1k flairs out a bit within about an inch or so after, collector outlet is larger on a Z1k 4 into 1 as is the mid pipe inlet and outlet so is the muffler, The more restrictive 750 header rear hanger is placed higher (different rear peg mounting) I put a gen 1 Z1000 Arrow full system on my 750 and had to make a hanger for mine. that being said there could be some clearance issues between the shock bottom mount and mid pipe as well 750 is further left and the angle of the mid pipe may put it into your rear peg mount on the Z1k. I think its a lot easier to go 750>1000 than the other way. You would lose some top end horsepower and gain some low end torque with the smaller pipes as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts