RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on the way back from the Cherohala skyway this afternoon and caught a glimpse of a 1st gen black/red Z heading the opposite direction. I believe it was near Tellico Plains... not positive though. I was on my white first gen Z.

Was anyone over there today? Let me know if it was you and maybe we can meet up next time. :alcy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
It was a friend of mine. It was an 03. He called me and asked me if he just passed me. lol Told him no that I was under my truck trying to fix my exhaust. I told him that they made a factory white in 08. Then he says "I swear it was your bike. It was a first gen" Then I had to go up to the car port to check and see if mine was there. LMAO

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha. Well sorry for the scare. Yeah I saw him rubbernecking so now I know why at least. Since the Z is pretty rare, I was sure someone on here would know who it was. Nice to see one out riding, even though it was with cruisers.... (juuust kidding for all you cruiser riders..)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Plus how many other white first gens? I forgot that you had one. thought it was just me a greencheezeeta's old bike. lol That's kinda why I went with white. well white pearl. lol in the cruisers. he told me that he rides with all cruisers.... post up some pics of yours. Here are a couple of mine I have never truly seen another white Z other than a couple of small pics of greens.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, sadly I don't have any nifty action shots like you, but I have a couple regular ones. Maybe I will work on getting some of those.. lol

this is an old one from when I first got the paint done. It is a little hard to see the color but it is a pearl. Looks great in person.

This is my sig picture, it shows the color really well:

and this is one from today on the skyway. My brother met me out there on his FZ1. We had a pretty good time, besides all of the Saturday traffic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dude that's awesome! Great looking bike. Why did you change the front? Something happen to the stock one or did you just want to go with a different look?

Next time you ride out this way give me a shout and I will ride with you. as well as try to get brad (with the black zed) as well. that would be some great pics. lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man! Ya I really like it. The front end was due to a wreck from the previous owner. I am actually trying to decide on a new setup right now. I'm thinking about doing a projector setup, not sure how to make it look right though... I really want to make it look clean, but with all the factory wiring near the stem it is hard to manage. I will def pm you next time I am headed that direction. I live in Cookeville so i will def be over there a couple more times this season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts