RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend my husband took me to show me a bike he'd like to get for me (in addition to my ZR-7s)....*I just have the best husband!* anyway.....it's a 1997 YZF1000 with only 5000 miles and it's never been crashed (couple of scratches that you'd expect from a bike several years old). Anyway, we looked up blue book and because we know the guy selling it, he's willing to sell it CHEAP!! I'm considering it....but I think I want to get the ZX9R.....or something newer.....BUT....the big thing is that I can really touch the ground well on the YZF! That's something I can't do on most bikes, so that's a major consideration.

Anyway, has anybody ever owned one of these?? Give me your opinion if you have!
Thanks!

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. That was really helpful! It sure seems like this is a good bike and from what everyone has said when I told them the price, they act like it's a great deal!

We'll see! Thanks for the insight!

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
My opinion is, your husband needs another wife. Me. If not, would he be willing to buy me another bike anyhow ? Please ?

Tony.

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That cracked me up!! He says he is flattered, but he only goes for chics. HAHA....

You can always come to Austin and ride one of the bikes for fun!
Thanks for the laugh!!

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey, I could change my name. Toni. yeah, that sounds ok to me. I'll put on a wig and some make-up, it'll be great. We'll have a small wedding, no honeymoon, though. I'm not sure I'm ready for THAT kind of commitment...Ah yes, riding off into the sunset, hand in hand. Just don't tell MY wife !

Tony, or should it be Toni ?

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about toeknee??

I got a better idea! I'll keep my husband and his generous offer to get me a second bike, and you can talk your wife into doing the same for you! Better yet....talk her into riding, get her to take the MSF course, and buy her a bike that you can both ride. That would be one benefit of the YZF1000...we can both ride it!

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
OK, ok. But I must warn you. My wife is afraid of ferris wheels, the fast lane, and large trucks that cram you between them and the crash wall of the highway. If I could just get her to sit on the bike.....with the motor running, that would be an accomplishment.

All kidding a side , I really think it's great to have a choice in rides. Right now, I'm gonna hafta work on getting myself a new car. However, post some pics of your new ride, would love to see it ! My first bike was a Yamaha. Good luck !:)

Tony. That's Tony with a T for Texas, and a Y of Tennessey.

:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts