RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
461 - 469 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
I'm Justin. I'm depressed. Hardly rode this year or last. :( Married for 16 years to my high school girlfriend who's become an abusive alcoholic. I wanted kids but she decided after we got married that she didn't want kids. So guess my only real life goal/dream (being a family man) is gone. A couple years ago we got really close with a female acquaintance of the wife. I fell in love for the first time in my life. But she skipped town so I've lost the person that means the most to me. She never even said goodbye so I guess I meant nothing to her. Now I'm just empty. I think about dying all the time as a really have no purpose for being here anymore except to appease others. This isn't a cry for help. Just my reality. I thank u all for being part of this forum. It's helped me take my mind off of my problems many times. Peace
You stick with us brother we will whip ya into shape. Sorry to here of your wife's issues . If you are anywhere close to being able to ride with us next year, you will have the time of your life and fond memories to last a life time.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
Also, Justin, quality of life is so much about perspective. For instance, I had an occipital and cerabellar stroke which, and you can ask any woman, are the sexiest of all the strokes.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I just got an early Christmas gift, another deployment! Apparently a year at home is too much. Its not until early summer so I get a few more months. Beginning to think I'm not actually married but in a long distance relationship. And so much for actually modding my car and then racing it, makes a heck of a paper weight though.

I hate sand.

·
Registered
230 Posts
This seems like fun!

Well my name is Christopher, I'm probably one of the younger/youngest ones on the forum at the ripe age of 26. I hail from Oregon, Eugene in fact.

It's roughly two hours south of Portland. If any of you watch College football it's where the Oregon Ducks are from. I'm a first generation rider, at first my old man was so against and upset at me buying the mean streak. Bought it for nearly half blue book (Thanks to winter time and the owner needing to pay alimony). The owner drove it an hour to me, as soon as he pulled up and parked it I pretty much needed him to say no more.

I work at the University of Oregon. I run a cafe there and I know what you all are probably thinking, "Oh how Hipster of him!". It's a nice situation and to think I'm 26 with already putting six years into my retirement and 401k is pretty nice. I compete as well in the PNW in Latte Art Competitions

I've slowly down aesthetic customizations to my bike. Plastidip painting/suspension/200mm tire on the rear/soon to be bobbed + LED's. My old man bought a 2007 SE with about 7k miles on it and switched out the VH Long Shots for stock because they were too loud for him so I got a lovely free upgrade from that as well. So as it sits here is my bike now, waiting for the new fender and LED's and Low and Mean seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm Justin. I'm depressed. Hardly rode this year or last. :( Married for 16 years to my high school girlfriend who's become an abusive alcoholic. I wanted kids but she decided after we got married that she didn't want kids. So guess my only real life goal/dream (being a family man) is gone. A couple years ago we got really close with a female acquaintance of the wife. I fell in love for the first time in my life. But she skipped town so I've lost the person that means the most to me. She never even said goodbye so I guess I meant nothing to her. Now I'm just empty. I think about dying all the time as a really have no purpose for being here anymore except to appease others. This isn't a cry for help. Just my reality. I thank u all for being part of this forum. It's helped me take my mind off of my problems many times. Peace
People often don't know what others have been through or are going through...I went through some of the hardest times in my early/mid twenties and didn't think I'd make it through. things can change for the better if you work hard to eliminate the negative in your life, move forward and good things will come trust me I am living proof. don't ever give up . i never believed in divorce but you know what, you gotta do what you gotta do. it was the best thing for me to bite the bullet and move on and we are both happier for it! Sometimes the one you fall in love with changes and is unwilling to come back around.

My mom sent me a letter the day before the NY ride to inform me that because i wasn't coming back to the Jehovah's witness religion that i was raised in, she was cutting off all ties. then I went the next day on the ride and made instant friends with a group I had never met ...amazing!
the group ride was the best time i've had in awhile, do it and meet the great people who have the love of riding in common. Also when feeling low hop on and ride like the wind it helps

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hang tough Steak! you have brothers on both sides of the pond and we'll be right here for ya when you have time over there. Until then enjoy your wife and time at home bro. I hope she is recovering nicely so you can cahse her around the house naked like bluebomber's been doing with his bride.

Merry Christmas bro, and if some little man comes down your chimney dressed in red, shoot his balls off!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just re instating this thread because I liked the heading. This for you RC Thanks but take it easy man there's only so much to go around. hope you have a happy holiday and your other family enjoys you as much as we do. I dedicate this unrelated thread to you because you have expanded upon so many things that matter to so many that this blurb can only visit the perimeter of the breath of your sac-ra-visitation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chances are that lists that include your credit card numbers and addresses have been bought and sold in black market websites online and that your identity has been stolen a half dozen times already. The banks have worked hard to shield us from the reality that their system is utterly and hopelessly compromised in order to protect the massive revenue streams generated by it. Identities are not stolen by piecing together random bits of data dropped in forums, they're stolen by hacking the logon database, retrieving the email-password combos from sites like these, and then retrying those creds on paypal, ebay, amazon, banks, etc. Want to protect yourself from identity theft? Never re-use passwords, never use patterns to generate passwords, change ciritcial ones regularly, and commit all of those random passwords to memory :) Or if you're too lazy to do that and somewhat more trusting, you can try a good password manager like #1 Password Manager & Vault App with Single-Sign On & MFA Solutions | LastPass (I love this program)

LastPass.com is a very trusted website especially for those who use multiple passwords and don't have a sucre site to save our passwords. I am also a LastPass user it's very helped me in my daily life for multitasking purposes. I get a great discount while using LastPass Promo Code.

461 - 469 of 469 Posts