RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
441 - 460 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Welcome back, glad you made it back to family (yes, I include the dog in that ;)) I hope your wife's doing well, her spirits should be lifted quite a bit now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm Ken from Eureka, in the far north coast of California, been here since 1981 (grew up in Santa Clara California). Just joined this site two weeks ago. Thought this would be good thread to introduce myself. I'm 60, been riding since I was 6. Raced for a few years in my early teens, sponsored by a Kawasaki dealer with 250 Green Streaks. Got a permit and first street legal bike at 15. Been married for 37 years. The day I met Sally, I took her for a ride. She's 4'10 only weighed 90lbs at the time. I fell in love right there, I could hardy tell she was on the back of the bike (of course I felt the boobies, cheap thrills back then). I have five wonderful children. Three Boys and two Girls. And four grandchildren. I own a Marine/Boat repair shop. I'm into building custom bikes, cars and just about anything that has a motor. I thought I was pretty much done riding except for very short jaunts when I blew my back out in 2006. I bought so many bikes to find one I could ride. Heck, I even bought some scooters. The bike that I could ride the longest (a few miles) was my Suzuki V-Strom 1000. I pretty much gave up being able to ride for any length of time. That was till a few weeks ago when I bought the Marauder to resell. I had the guy I bought if from ride it to my shop (only a couple miles away) as part of the deal because I just knew it would kill my back. I couldn't help it though, I just had to take it for a spin. To my surprise, it didn't hurt my back. So that day I ended up riding off and on for almost two hours. It's a keeper. Back in the saddle again!!!

Taking my future wife to her prom (I'm 21)
Photograph Snapshot Vintage clothing Uniform

New Norton 850 (I'm 23)
Product Motor vehicle Technology Vehicle Electronic device

V-Strom 1000 (I'm 54)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

My new to me Marauder
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Dang fine history "Fullon627" Love the Norton, I had a 75 Triumph Trident back in the day. Riding a Marauder now.

If I might suggest, look into a Corbin or Mustang seat Your back will totally appreciate it. I ride a corbin Dual Tour, but I'm short and narrow, Bigger guys say they like the Mustang seat better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dang fine history "Fullon627" Love the Norton, I had a 75 Triumph Trident back in the day. Riding a Marauder now.

If I might suggest, look into a Corbin or Mustang seat Your back will totally appreciate it. I ride a corbin Dual Tour, but I'm short and narrow, Bigger guys say they like the Mustang seat better.
Thanks Marauder. Look in the background of the last photo. There is a Corbin Dual Tour sitting on the counter! In the past two weeks I also bought the Mustang seat, a Kawasaki (?) solo seat, TFI and four different sets of pipes. I put the TFI on four days after I bought the bike. Put the two into one on last Tuesday. Haven't switch any of the seats yet. Still enjoying being able to ride the way it is. BTW once I get the Marauder sorted out, I'll be selling off what I'm not using.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
So I've decided what to do with my time this winter. I'm going to rebuild much of the Camaro for road racing. I think this is version 3.0 since I've already tracked stock plus a fully built suspension/engine combination. I will be repairing and then selling a double adjustable coilover system I bent my last track day prior to my deployment. I will be replacing it with the Z/28 suspension kit which has the best valving available of any suspension on the market. It's new control arms front and rear, bushings everywhere, sways, and some awesome strut valve technology. I will be selling all of my 2.0 upgrades. It's amazing what is coming out as OEM parts these days. I have to custom machine adapters to make these struts work with my camber plates so I can get up to -3.5 degrees of camber. I will also replace my exhaust with a header size and piping better optimized for midrange with ceramic coating to keep temps in check. My initial headers were bought when I thought I was going to do a big hp forced induction build as a street car. I will rebuild the brake calipers with vented pistons which keep brake calipers 84 degrees cooler, they already exceed 1700 degrees despite brake ducts so I hope these help. I am dropping the frame with an engine hoist to install a baffled oiling system since I've run the pan dry on past track days. I've got gauges for oil temp and pressure that need to go in and see how my external cooler is doing.

I'm undecided if I'll have the time/money to do aerodynamic modifications this winter or if it will have to wait another year. If I do it'll be a huge spoiler with wickerbill and a large splitter on the front. The parts themselves I could afford but the paint work would likely push it over the edge. I think I'll be too OCD to run the parts without having them paint matched, it's not a civic for gods sake.

I will need to take the winter off from track days to install/afford all this but the amazing thing is the combo will outperform cars that exceed $150K in price tag. The look on corvette and porsche owner faces when I tear past them is well worth the few months of holding off on racing. Some people will shave 3 seconds off a lap with slicks but I'm doing this on a budget and its on street tires with a 200+ tread-ware rating. Right now I'm not touching the motor which already has 485 RWHP so I think I'm good there. Unless I drop a valve and blow the motor it's staying where it's at, fingers crossed. People love throwing cash at builds but I've tracked and optimized every suspension combo with tire temps and tread wear. I wish this car was 500lbs lighter but otherwise the chassis is amazing for what it can accomplish, it just abuses the crap out of parts due to its chubby girl big boned frame. But I do love curves...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I got invited to sell Harley's yesterday. I don't see myself Leaving Ford for it, But it sure is nice to know your wanted!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
So your driving a 2.0L I4 naturally assperated Ford is my guess.

Reactions: Thunder

·
Registered
72 Posts
My name is Shaun, I am 44 and I live in a little rural town called Stanthorpe. It is located on the range in Queensland , Australia. We have the unique feature of having four seasons and being the coldest place in the Sunshine State. Most places in Queensland have two seasons, hot and dry (Winter) hot and wet (Summer) and rarely a temp below 10 degrees celcius. Where we are has all of the seasons, mild Summers and cold ( for us..) winters. I am a motor Mechanic by trade who then spent 15 years in sales and management , with a two year stint in Papua New Guinea before going out on my own and starting a small earthmoving business. Best move I ever made, who would have thought drilling holes in the dirt would be so entertaining......
In 2008, we sold up everything pooled all of our money , with my parents and my Brother and his wife, and purchased a 80 acre property which had a small farm and farm stay cottages ( bed & Breakfast) , this went so well that we bought a Motel and a restuarant. Married to my lovely wife Shannonin 2003, Our first child was born in 08, the second in 2011. Running a motel doesn't give you much time off , and weekends and holidays are busy times, It has however given me time to get back into bikes. I rode a lot when I was younger but as women , alcohol and partying became more the norm I had less money for toys. I have a really small workshop but I have knocked out 5 rebuilds in the last 2.5 years and this led me to the purchase of the meanie.
My other passion is my mighty MOPAR.... I have an Aussie built 1974 VJ ranger , running a 420hp 360 small block. The other thing that got me back into the bike scene was a deal gone wrong with an Engine builder in the US. He was contracted to build my 360 in February 2012 and in November 2014 I got half a motor , no aluminium heads , rusty bores blah blah blah .... If anyone is near Coal Centre PA , I will buy you a few beers to go slash his tyres. Anyway , that is behind me and onwards and upwards.

Just have to say a big thanks to all on this forum who make you feel welcome and for all of the awesome deals I have done

Cheers
Me on a chopped up GS550 I built before bobbers were the norm.....See why I needed a bigger bike

The Chariot....

The kids ( few years back ... ) on a road trip in the Valiant

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Awesome story Oz! I wanna see afew pics of the Ranger.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
My name is Shaun, I am 44 and I live in a little rural town called Stanthorpe. It is located on the range in Queensland , Australia. We have the unique feature of having four seasons and being the coldest place in the Sunshine State. Most places in Queensland have two seasons, hot and dry (Winter) hot and wet (Summer) and rarely a temp below 10 degrees celcius. Where we are has all of the seasons, mild Summers and cold ( for us..) winters. I am a motor Mechanic by trade who then spent 15 years in sales and management , with a two year stint in Papua New Guinea before going out on my own and starting a small earthmoving business. Best move I ever made, who would have thought drilling holes in the dirt would be so entertaining......
In 2008, we sold up everything pooled all of our money , with my parents and my Brother and his wife, and purchased a 80 acre property which had a small farm and farm stay cottages ( bed & Breakfast) , this went so well that we bought a Motel and a restuarant. Married to my lovely wife Shannonin 2003, Our first child was born in 08, the second in 2011. Running a motel doesn't give you much time off , and weekends and holidays are busy times, It has however given me time to get back into bikes. I rode a lot when I was younger but as women , alcohol and partying became more the norm I had less money for toys. I have a really small workshop but I have knocked out 5 rebuilds in the last 2.5 years and this led me to the purchase of the meanie.
My other passion is my mighty MOPAR.... I have an Aussie built 1974 VJ ranger , running a 420hp 360 small block. The other thing that got me back into the bike scene was a deal gone wrong with an Engine builder in the US. He was contracted to build my 360 in February 2012 and in November 2014 I got half a motor , no aluminium heads , rusty bores blah blah blah .... If anyone is near Coal Centre PA , I will buy you a few beers to go slash his tyres. Anyway , that is behind me and onwards and upwards.

Just have to say a big thanks to all on this forum who make you feel welcome and for all of the awesome deals I have done

Cheers
Me on a chopped up GS550 I built before bobbers were the norm.....See why I needed a bigger bike

The Chariot....

The kids ( few years back ... ) on a road trip in the Valiant
Welcome aboard , Shaun. Great story of your life. Sounds as though you have come full circle, glad you have ended up here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hope I don't get in trouble, it is a bike site after all , but here you go 04Marauder

This is not long after I got it. The Ranger was the base model but he original owner got all the extras, was powered by the 245ci straight six Hemi motor

It remained with original paint until 2010 when I had it redone , similar colour just more pearl to make it pop

So MOPAR mad that even my old ski boat is powered by a 225 Slant six

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
picture of bikes on The Dragon

thought I would post a picture of our bikes at the Scenic overlook on the Dragon, and a picture of myself hanging out with the steel dragon in Deal's Gap from this past weekend's trip. The green Meanie is mine, as is the black 900 (buddy was riding it because his bike is out of commission at the moment). Great weekend, great riding weather! Makes me look forward to next July!

Tree Botany Architecture Sculpture Fictional character Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycling

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
I hope I don't get in trouble, it is a bike site after all , but here you go 04Marauder

This is not long after I got it. The Ranger was the base model but he original owner got all the extras, was powered by the 245ci straight six Hemi motor

It remained with original paint until 2010 when I had it redone , similar colour just more pearl to make it pop

So MOPAR mad that even my old ski boat is powered by a 225 Slant six

Cheers
No problem on my end. We love all kinds of go fast bad *** rides. The paint looks very nice indeed on your marauder. Good old slant 6 in the boat, those engines will run forever.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm Justin. I'm depressed. Hardly rode this year or last. :( Married for 16 years to my high school girlfriend who's become an abusive alcoholic. I wanted kids but she decided after we got married that she didn't want kids. So guess my only real life goal/dream (being a family man) is gone. A couple years ago we got really close with a female acquaintance of the wife. I fell in love for the first time in my life. But she skipped town so I've lost the person that means the most to me. She never even said goodbye so I guess I meant nothing to her. Now I'm just empty. I think about dying all the time as a really have no purpose for being here anymore except to appease others. This isn't a cry for help. Just my reality. I thank u all for being part of this forum. It's helped me take my mind off of my problems many times. Peace

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 · (Edited)
I'm Justin. I'm depressed. Hardly rode this year or last. :( Married for 16 years to my high school girlfriend who's become an abusive alcoholic. I wanted kids but she decided after we got married that she didn't want kids. So guess my only real life goal/dream (being a family man) is gone. A couple years ago we got really close with a female acquaintance of the wife. I fell in love for the first time in my life. But she skipped town so I've lost the person that means the most to me. She never even said goodbye so I guess I meant nothing to her. Now I'm just empty. I think about dying all the time as a really have no purpose for being here anymore except to appease others. This isn't a cry for help. Just my reality. I thank u all for being part of this forum. It's helped me take my mind off of my problems many times. Peace
Dude, I can relate to your solitude. I was director over two of my babies. They were two unique college programs I developed from scratch- Polysomnography and Electroneurodiagnostics. From an idea to seeing students graduate. Pretty damn awesome. Unfortunately a pair of strokes in 2009 took that away from me. Been at home since. I was suddenly unplugged from the world. Couldn't have asked for better from my wife, though.

I often feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway as the world moves on. Critical thinking and creation has been what's kept me sane. I bring thoughts to life, be it the written word or a new intake design. The good folks on this site are nice enough to politely tolerate what I share on here, bike related or not. That simple thing is priceless to me. Keep writing, Justin, whether this thread, or PM me, or elsewhere, keep writing.

441 - 460 of 469 Posts