RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
421 - 440 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi,

I'm Bill, retired from the Accounting world, ride one of my 4 bikes every day, Grandson just graduated from high school, my two dogs have been with me for 15 years and just enjoying retirement in the California Sun.
Hi Bill,
Welcome to the family from Texas!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
Just a thought, don't be afraid to explore the darkness a little. It highlights the humor and optimism that much more, making it more effective. It's the valleys that make the peaks so impressive...
Chris, your words are more insightful than you likely realize.

This was my baby:
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle accessories

That's because I did so much R&D and experimentation with intake designs and exhaust length with subsequent dyno runs. It was the lightest weight bike, with the smallest engine, that I had ever owned but she was a total blast to ride. The mod list on her was long and the sweat equity substantial. The day I watched her roll down my 1100 foot gravel driveway on a trailer with a South Carolina license plate, I followed her as far as I could on my power scooter. The M50 had been gone for a few weeks and this one was the last tangible evidence of my passion for motorcycles. A valley in my driveway, too deep for my scooter to go down and get back up safely, prevented me from watching an important part of my life eventually turn onto the paved road and begin the journey to her new home in the Palmetto state.

As the distant sounds of the buyer's truck and trailer faded, left behind were me, the wife, the scooter and pure silence. The sad expression on my wife's face mirrored the emotions I was feeling.

That image was completely offset, giving balance to my life, when the wife and I got to Maggie Valley a 1/2 day earlier than the next arrival. We took a ride up to Richard Balsam mountain where, as most of you know, lies the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The breathtaking view was extra special to me as it perfectly framed my wife and the huge grin that adorned her beautiful face. We were all alone up there- just me, the wife, the V2K and pure silence. After a few minutes and feeling somewhat anxious to get back to see if anyone else had arrived, we mounted, pulled out and headed back down the mountain- on the heaviest bike, with the largest engine, that I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Hi,

I'm Bill, retired from the Accounting world, ride one of my 4 bikes every day, Grandson just graduated from high school, my two dogs have been with me for 15 years and just enjoying retirement in the California Sun.
Welcome from another Californian. Just don't gloat too much about the weather, some of these guys who actually have winters can get a little cranky :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,
I'm Gary and I'm a Flight Instructor working in the Philippines. I'm a technophile by heart a geek or nerd as you may say. also I'm a Aeronautical engineer and just waiting for the typhoon season to end so i could finally buy my first brand new bike.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm Melissia... Aka Missie... I'm diamonds wife. (Russ) I'm thinking about a gofundme account to fund all of these RIDES Yall keep going on that my HUBBY wants to go on!!! Yall are killing me!!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
I'm Melissia... Aka Missie... I'm diamonds wife. (Russ) I'm thinking about a gofundme account to fund all of these RIDES Yall keep going on that my HUBBY wants to go on!!! Yall are killing me!!
But consider all of the awesome forum members and their spouses you've met. That's priceless.

·
Registered
269 Posts
But consider all of the awesome forum members and their spouses you've met. That's priceless.
Oh hush Russ! I didn't yank ur chain... You go on these trips mainly by yourself. I'm beginning to wonder what goes on.....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi,
I'm Gary and I'm a Flight Instructor working in the Philippines. I'm a technophile by heart a geek or nerd as you may say. also I'm a Aeronautical engineer and just waiting for the typhoon season to end so i could finally buy my first brand new bike.
I have to ask why do you have 666 as your avatar?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to ask why do you have 666 as your avatar?
would you believe me if i said it's my lucky number... and it has no relation whatsoever to the devil okay it's that picture is from a japanese comic (Manga) named O-part Hunter.

·
Registered
635 Posts
would you believe me if i said it's my lucky number... and it has no relation whatsoever to the devil okay it's that picture is from a japanese comic (Manga) named O-part Hunter.
Thank you for that explanation, I feel better now.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
Just wanted to share a an awesome father moment- my 16 yo daughter, who'll be a HS senior this year, recently scored a 30 on her ACT.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just wanted to share a an awesome father moment- my 16 yo daughter, who'll be a HS senior this year, recently scored a 30 on her ACT.
Awesome!

·
Registered
64 Posts
40 miles into my 1st ride this weekend I hit a fresh tar patch and had to dump her :*(
Need a new headlight and tank - shoulder and ankle took most of the dump. My left arm has a neat asphalt coating on it now. Nothing broken just a bad ankle sprain.

Had to dust off my pants and ride her back home, so I guess it could have been worse.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
40 miles into my 1st ride this weekend I hit a fresh tar patch and had to dump her :*(
Need a new headlight and tank - shoulder and ankle took most of the dump. My left arm has a neat asphalt coating on it now. Nothing broken just a bad ankle sprain.

Had to dust off my pants and ride her back home, so I guess it could have been worse.
Sorry to hear. Glad your ok. Bike can be fixed, you not so much

·
Registered
587 Posts
Barofski, you riding home with a busted headlight made me think of something of my own...

Years ago I was making recumbent tricycles in my garage. I made several kid sized ones and a few adult ones. On the adult trike, I temporarily used plastic 5 spoke bike wheels for the front two wheels. So my daughter and I were riding the neighborhood on our trikes and some 8 year old boys on bikes saw us. They just loved the trikes and one of them said he had a green machine (stretched out big wheel) at home. So we followed them to his house so he could show it off. Next thing you know, they want to race. So we're all lined up on the street next to someone's mailbox an gunna race a green machine, two of my trikes and a bunch of 8 year old boys on bikes to the next mailbox. I of course won and did my victory J-turn, skidding the rear wheel around 180°. Well, I didn't make it but about 90° and the trike flipped up on it's side and cracked one of the plastic front wheels. So now I'm riding home thru the neighborhood with that front wheel going about scooch scooch scooch while being circled by a handful of little boys laughing at me.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
Barofski, you riding home with a busted headlight made me think of something of my own...

Years ago I was making recumbent tricycles in my garage. I made several kid sized ones and a few adult ones. On the adult trike, I temporarily used plastic 5 spoke bike wheels for the front two wheels. So my daughter and I were riding the neighborhood on our trikes and some 8 year old boys on bikes saw us. They just loved the trikes and one of them said he had a green machine (stretched out big wheel) at home. So we followed them to his house so he could show it off. Next thing you know, they want to race. So we're all lined up on the street next to someone's mailbox an gunna race a green machine, two of my trikes and a bunch of 8 year old boys on bikes to the next mailbox. I of course won and did my victory J-turn, skidding the rear wheel around 180°. Well, I didn't make it but about 90° and the trike flipped up on it's side and cracked one of the plastic front wheels. So now I'm riding home thru the neighborhood with that front wheel going about scooch scooch scooch while being circled by a handful of little boys laughing at me.
Few things more humbling than a parade of shame.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
After 11 months overseas I'm back in the US of A. My chocolate lab whined for 2 days straight if I didn't have direct physical contact with her, pretty funny. Next month I will get to move to Shreveport which will be move 8 in a bit over 11 years. Crazy how life flies by. But all that matters is the house has a 2 car garage. I've got a busy month of getting things ready to move. Hoping my wife's cast comes off in about 2 weeks and she can get into a walking boot but not sure yet. She may still need crutches for a bit after that which would stink for her (and me).

Ready to start a new job at a new base with new challenges to increase my ever growing bald spot. But most of all I'm happy to be home and reconnecting with family, well 90% reconnecting with my dogs and 10% my family.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
After 11 months overseas I'm back in the US of A. My chocolate lab whined for 2 days straight if I didn't have direct physical contact with her, pretty funny. Next month I will get to move to Shreveport which will be move 8 in a bit over 11 years. Crazy how life flies by. But all that matters is the house has a 2 car garage. I've got a busy month of getting things ready to move. Hoping my wife's cast comes off in about 2 weeks and she can get into a walking boot but not sure yet. She may still need crutches for a bit after that which would stink for her (and me).

Ready to start a new job at a new base with new challenges to increase my ever growing bald spot. But most of all I'm happy to be home and reconnecting with family, well 90% reconnecting with my dogs and 10% my family.
Welcome Home Jarrod. Thanks for you many sacrifices. :agree:

421 - 440 of 469 Posts