RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we make future plans of getting together for rides and hanging out, I thought I'd start a thread just for pics and stories about our own lives. I don't know about you but I'm a people person and I dig that sort of stuff. We kind of already do that but it tends to get dispersed across motorcycle or event specific threads. I'm likely the most guilty of doing this.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm Scot (no it's not misspelled) And I'm addicted to riding/modding motorcycles..

·
Registered
748 Posts
Im Jeremiah and im addicted to modding all my vehicles (Ask the girlfriend lol)

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I'm Rick and Im addicted to beer..And Bikes and Breasts..Nothing anyone here that's met me doesnt already know. Any more than that you want to know, by me a beer and I'll tell all..Mostly..Some I'd have to shoot you afterwards

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Hi i'm colin ( speedracer ) I am a proud member of MAA, Have 3 kids, Jessica 19, Kasey 14, Zac 14, Love my kids and watching them playing sports, Been a motor head all my life, rebuilt my first engine at 14, and never looked back, Married for 21 years, ( yes she is a saint ) raced Karts professionally for 10 years before my back took a crap, drag raced for a while, now just play with my scoot.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm Toby and I have one son and two grandkids a boy and a girl and they are really great little people that I am very proud of. I took a 27 year break from riding after being ran out of road by a crazy driver one night and down over a bank I went. After all these years I got the fever again and bought my meanie. This is my first year back on 2 wheels. I am glad that I picked this bike because this is a good group of guys on this forum. I am looking forward to the week long ride next year and meeting a lot of you guys.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'm Conmar (Sean) and I'm addicted to modding my motorcycles! I'm so addicted I convinced this really cool guy that owns a machine shop to start making parts I wanted but couldn't get! He got so into it he bought a Mean a Streak!

I'm 44, live in the outskirts of Chattanooga, and own a repair/remodeling business I named Professional Handyman that's 7 years and growing. 2 time winner of the local "Best of the Best" write-in awards conducted by our local Newspaper. Currently President of the Remodelers Council at the Home Builders Association of Greater Chattanooga. I also happen to be the most laid back Ordained Baptist Pastor I know, and have an associates degree from a local Seminary.

I'm married to my 2nd wife of 8 1/2 years. Together we have 4 kids: (oldest 3 hers) 22-married and father to our 1 1/2 year old granddaughter, in his last semester of engineering degree (5 1/2 years) and already hired at a company that will start him out at $72k, has two patents for designs he created during college; 21-junior in college (also engineering) and engaged to his high school sweetheart, rides a Ninja 650R; 18-Freshman in photography program, had been paid to shoot senior pics and weddings for two years, planning on marrying her HS sweetheart (he aspires to be president one day, and personally speaking, would make a good one); 15-(mine)Sophomore in HS and makes straight A's, has a permanently limited right wrist from a dirt bike wreck last year, itching to get the Virago bobber project done so he can ride again.

In addition to an amazingly GREEN Mean Streak, I also own a '99 1500 Nomad. It just happens to be GREEN from the factory!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm Toby and I have one son and two grandkids a boy and a girl and they are really great little people that I am very proud of. I took a 27 year break from riding after being ran out of road by a crazy driver one night and down over a bank I went. After all these years I got the fever again and bought my meanie. This is my first year back on 2 wheels. I am glad that I picked this bike because this is a good group of guys on this forum. I am looking forward to the week long ride next year and meeting a lot of you guys.
AFton, That's just down the road. Came through there (Waynesboro) on out way back on Tuesday. I ride that direction quite often, to Harrisonburg or Orange/Sperryville. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Diamond Jim is my true nickname. I've got a loving, beautiful wife and four kids. One is at Auburn University, two are 15 and the last is 12. My father, brother and I have all seen combat. My background has included computer science, missile electronics and healthcare. I hold two degrees and enough credits for a third but careers and family took priority. I am registered in electroencephalography and polysomnography (sleep disorders). Hobbies include bikes, gunsmithing and fishing. I have been lucky and blessed with having, meeting and knowing many wonderful people in my lifetime.

When I learn of people's careers there is usually a few interesting questions I have for them. Likewise, when people learn about my knowledge and experience in sleep medicine they ask me lots of interesting questions and, likewise, I love to talk about it. So if anyone here has any questions ask away on the forum or PM me. There's been a solid 65 years of research in the field yet only a small fraction of what has been learned has made it's way into the public mainstream.

·
Registered
635 Posts
AFton, That's just down the road. Came through there (Waynesboro) on out way back on Tuesday. I ride that direction quite often, to Harrisonburg or Orange/Sperryville. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Yeah we should . Next time you come up this way pm me ahead of time and we will meet up and take a ride together. I was wanting to hook up with you and speed but I had so much work that I just couldn't get away for a few days right now. How far is Chesterfield from Afton?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Forgot to mention, I'm 50 going on 18, Don't drink or smoke,( nothing against it ) and like Rick i too love boobies. Did i mention i love boobies:D
Hell, I thought that was a given... everybody likes boobies....

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yeah we should . Next time you come up this way pm me ahead of time and we will meet up and take a ride together. I was wanting to hook up with you and speed but I had so much work that I just couldn't get away for a few days right now. How far is Chesterfield from Afton?
about 110 miles. We usually cut off at 522 headed north northeast. You live around some great riding roads.

http://goo.gl/maps/8eRoY

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Conmar (Sean) is truly an honest, straight up cool dude. Sure we engage in talk that is best suited for football locker rooms, poker games, pool halls, and at the back table of the local bar at 1:30am, but don't let that fool you. He is a pastor. He was also a Navy man. I've seen many pastors who, in an effort to cultivate a persona to meet the perception of what a pastor should look and act like, gradually lose the ability to socially connect with many common folk. That trait alone makes him unique.

Now, if I could just get him to send me some more pics of boobies.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Conmar (Sean) is truly an honest, straight up cool dude. Sure we engage in talk that is best suited for football locker rooms, poker games, pool halls, and at the back table of the local bar at 1:30am, but don't let that fool you. He is a pastor. He was also a Navy man. I've seen many pastors who, in an effort to cultivate a persona to meet the perception of what a pastor should look and act like, gradually lose the ability to socially connect with many common folk. That trait alone makes him unique.

You hear that guys? Send me pics of your wife's boobies so I can send them to DJ. ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

In all seriousness though, I was previously sucked up into what mainstream conservative Christianity deemed appropriate for a Christian, (at least what many churches deem so), as well as a pastor. There are far too many "Holier than thou" pew warmers that are so quick to point fingers at everyone but themselves. Don't get me wrong, there are a great number of truly good people who don't use Christianity as a weapon. I just came to the place where I had issue with people deciding who was and wasn't fit to get into heaven. How can someone sit there and say, " Ok, the Bible says if you believe in who Jesus was, and that what He did on the cross forgives you of all of your sins, you'll go to Heaven. But, you aren't 'good' enough.", and then expect to go there themselves? Honestly, I meet more people that are willing to hear the truth, and not be judged for who they are, outside of the church than I ever did inside the church. I'd rather be real while having a beer in a bar, and available to have that conversation with someone willing to hear it, than standing on a platform shouting at people, (who think they're going to Heaven), that if they don't do a certain list of things, they're going to hell. That's probably an oversimplification, but hopefully most will get what I'm trying to say.

Ok, enough preaching. I'm still a grown man. I like boobies! And good beer!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
My name is Mike(Steammaker), and I'm addicted to modifying my Meany. I'm addicted to spending money period if you ask my wife LOL. I'm married to my 2nd. wife great woman has to be cause she puts up with my a$$, 1st. wife died of cancer after we divorced. We have 3 girls their ages range from 33 to 23. One grandchild hat we spoil rotten & our 2nd. grandchild due in April. I've been working the same job for 37yrs. Have recently entered the job market for the 1st. time since high school due to our plant closing @ the end of the year. I run high pressure STEAM Boilers all night hence my name "Steammaker". I was a child of the 70's so I've partied about every way you can think of but outgrew that many years ago.
I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 10. Started out on a 3.5hp mini bike then a 5hp mini bike to a Honda trail 70 to a Suzuki 125, 750 Honda, KZ 1000, V-65 Magna Maybe a few more I cant remember & now my '03 Meany. I raised & bred tropical fish(African Cichlids) for 25yrs. Had MANY aquariums thru the years the largest being an 8' long 300gal. I hunt small game & 4 legged deer regularly. :swink:

1 - 20 of 469 Posts