RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have been browsing this website for sometime toying with the idea of getting a 2008 Z1000. The more I read, the more I wanted! I came across an amazing deal on a 2010, so I jumped on it.

I have owned it for 1 month now, and I have 2600 miles on it (I know!). I have added some goodies to it to make it my own, and figured this would be a good time to introduce myself and show you all the new love of my life!

Thanks to everyone for showing me the light and unknowingly convincing me to get a Z1000 and not the GSX-R750 I was also looking to purchase!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. . .Frame sliders along with everything else aside from the exhaust I got through PJ's Parts. I am huge on customer service and both PJ, as well as, Debbie were more than helpful!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very nice!! That exhaust is sweet looking!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Wow! Those pipes looks terrific on the bike. I see you got all the Rizoma bits too. Geez, I always seem to get a bike just when they come out with something better (same thing happened with my old Ducati Monster).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No full system out just yet. I was in a toss up between the mivv's and the yoshis; the yoshis were just so much less expensive, and I couldn't justify the additional money for the mivv's or the return on investment. The yoshi pipes have a very mello sound; could be just a touch louder though. I commute 70 miles round trip to work everyday, so I didn't want something annoyingly loud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
welcome bro, great looks with the Rizoma stuff......

·
Registered
929 Posts
welcome, and enjoy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i notice you have changed your mirrors... they look great but how the hell did you manage to get the old ones off, i'm having great difficulty just trying to undo mine....

·
El Controlador
1,074 Posts
Man, that thing looks like a total POS. Tell you what, before you make a fool of yourself riding round on the streets with that rediculous looking bike...........I'll buy it from you.

:alcy: Well done, clean lines, simple as it should be. Enjoy the ride, even if you do look cooler than me out on the pavement. :glassesti

KX

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i notice you have changed your mirrors... they look great but how the hell did you manage to get the old ones off, i'm having great difficulty just trying to undo mine....
To be honest, I did not do the work. A couple of the guys at the dealership that I work at did it for me, but I believe one, if not both, of the mirrors are reverse threaded.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The mirrors look great. How well do they work? So far my biggest complaint is the stock mirrors only give me a view of my elbows and I like having rear sight. they look like they are a little wider than stock which should give a much better rear view.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The mirrors look great. How well do they work? So far my biggest complaint is the stock mirrors only give me a view of my elbows and I like having rear sight. they look like they are a little wider than stock which should give a much better rear view.
For me, the stock mirrors definitely offered a lot more visibility. I tried riding with no mirrors to begin with, but I couldn't deal with not being able to constantly see behind me. These mirrors offered a nice sleek look, but still offered some rear visibility.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts