RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pretty much decided to get one of these slip-ons. Yosh claims 90-92 db from this slip-on and that isn't that much louder than stock. I had a regular Zyclone on my VFR and thought it had the best sound of almost any pipe out there.

Anyone out there have any input on the RS-3 Zyclone?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
haven't done this and don't plan to but here's some food for thought. a random guy in a parking lot came up and started talking to me about my bike. he's been out fo bikes for some time and is thinking of getting back in with a zr-7. he asked if i had done the pipe and i told him that i hadn't because i didn't want extra noise. he immediately recommended yoshi. "the zyclone, not the other one", he said. he said that most aftermarket exhausts are considerably loud but that the zyclone isn't. he also said it's a good value for the money.

just my $0.02 :)

scott

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm also after the quietest pipe I can find. If I wanted to ride something that sounds like a piece of farm machinery, I would have bought a John Deere. ;) For me, the high-pitched metallic whine of a good engine is what I want to hear; I'm not interested in listening to its waste products. (I'd rather hear someone sing than fart, you know?)

It looks like Yoshi doesn't specifically make an exhaust for the 7S; which, if any, of the ZX pipes that they make will fit?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
I have the Yoshimura round race s/o (the other Yoshi) on my '00 ZR and it "sings," not farts, although it is louder than a zyclone, from what I hear, but not much. I'm real happy with it and the cost was $280. I believe Al (FADE) has a zyclone on his "00 ZR and I am pretty sure he really likes it.
You out there Fade? Tom :D

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Hey dude buy the Zyclone...great sounding can. And @ only 230.00 at .........parts411.com. By the way my beast is a H-1
So my advice is buy it ...bolts right up ......take a ride and crank it up at 4000 and see if it sounds the same......But be careful I think the sound has some direct link to your throttle.......Oh yeah baby!!!

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Hey dude buy the Zyclone...great sounding can. And @ only 230.00 at .........parts411.com. By the way my beast is a H-1
So my advice is buy it ...bolts right up ......take a ride and crank it up at 4000 and see if it sounds the same......But be careful I think the sound has some direct link to your throttle.......Oh yeah baby!!!

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Right on time Fade, thanks for the Yoshi plug -- but the round race really hums at 7,000-8,000 range, the best "race bike sound" I can find!! Disclaimer, I had the occasion to ride with a ZX6r with a Muzzy pipe, awesome sound, when I was close enuff to hear it. Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts