RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:? Mine's not here yet. I ordered it on December 28. Called last week and they said it will be a couple more weeks. Aaagh!:mad:

kelly

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny. i order mine on 1/11/01 at the bike show in philly. carbon fiber with no piping. and a nose job. you would think yours would arrived by now

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow the seat is pretty hard not uncomfortable but i need to get use to it. it does raise seat height up so now i'm no longer flat footed, not a big deal ecept when in loose gravel or a side incline. How long does it take to really break in and mold to you behind?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
it will probably take a few rides. it may feel a bit uncomfortable at first sit but you should notice a lack of discomfort at the end of long rides.

scott :)

·
3,610 Posts
I must be one of the blessed people that find the stock seat comfortable. I just got back from a 6 hour road trip, all Highway average speed of 80mph. No discomfort here. My trick is to take my wallet out of my jeans pocket and put it into my jacket. Makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well, my Corbin just arrived yesterday and I got to try it out during my commute to work. I'm impressed with the workmanship and overall quality. Not so impressed with the ride.

That thing sure is hard!! Feels like I'm sitting on a steel tractor seat shaped like a big ***. And the seating position is too far back for me. I guess that's because I used to ride motocross, and I'm used to sitting high and forward instead of low and back.

I bought it for the passenger (pillion) comfort, so that's why I got the backrest. I plan on putting the stock seat back on for everyday rides, and slap the Corbin on for two-up rides. But I guess I'll leave the Corbin on for a little while longer for the time being to see if it softens up a little. Maybe the heat of spring/summer will help shape it a little...

:) kelly

Z

·
0 Posts
Trust me! Leave the Corbin on the bike! After about 1,000 miles, you'll never go back to the stock seat. :D I have over 6,000 miles on my bike and about 4,500 with the Corbin on. My wife likes the seat as well. It seems hard at first, where the stock seat is soft. The problem is, after about an hour on the stock seat, the foam compresses. It's like sitting on a 2x4, the Corbin's foam stays firm all day and eliminates "Monkey Butt!" :laugh:

Ride Safe!

Pete
:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kelly: Trust me, give the Corbin a few hundred miles before you make a decision. I hated it at first as well, for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. It felt hard as a rock, and I sat so much further back than I normally did; my arms and upper back were getting tired from what felt like reaching out to grab the bars. I almost switched back to the stock seat after my first day to and from work (about 50 miles all together), but decided to give it a chance. After a week or so (maybe 300-400 total miles), All my problems disappeared.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
I just don't know ! Now, here I go again on the Corbin, man does this thing generate alot of talk ! For something we put our a$$e$ on, gee it sure is important, isn't it ? Anyway, I liked the workmanship, and the comfort. The stock did hurt after 30 minutes or so. But, it's the worked into thing that I'm not getting, least not yet ! Their litterature even talks about the saddle getting worked in, not happening here folks.

Question: Is it my butt? Oh lord no, not another thread involving my but, please!!! OK, forget that one. I'll just say it again like the comfort, like the custom look, don't like the grandpa's chair profile though, and miss the ability to MOVE AROUND. Although monkey butt causes the need to move uncontrollably.

Keep the Corbin if you want to ride in realitive comfort. That hardness is really firmness, something the stocker greatly lacks. That's the huge difference, that and the grandpa cut. So much for the sporty image, I guess.

Tony

·
Itchy Trigger Finger
1,110 Posts
Corin Discount

Hey, How can we get the Corbin Seat discount as members? Do we need to order from a 3rd party, or can we get it straight from Corbin? For the record, I've already ordered from Corbin, but they won't charge me until they ship it.

Thanks,

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
We actually tried going direct to Corbin originally, but they would not give us a group price. As a matter of fact, our rep at Corbin suggested that we put a deal together through an authorized Corbin dealer, since they'd be able to give us a much better price than Corbin. Corbin will only sell at full retail price, since they want to encourage buyers to use their dealer network. So I put a deal together with PowerSportsPro for the group deal. They are willing to continue offering the group price as long as Corbin keeps the wholesale price of the seat the same. All you need to do is contact them and ask for the ZR-7 Owners Association price on the Corbin seat. It's easiest if you ask for Kurt or Pedro, since they're the ones who were involved in setting up the deal. You can reach PSP at 800-397-2637 or www.powersportspro.com

·
Itchy Trigger Finger
1,110 Posts
Quote from the Coribn Catalog

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this quote from the Corbin catalog they just sent me:

"You guys kicked down our doors and demanded we make a seat for this bike (you know who you are)."

·
Itchy Trigger Finger
1,110 Posts
So, after a couple weeks with the Corbin...

Found the change in position has me reaching farther for the bars, which is sometimes uncomfortable on the back. How did the rest of you react to the new seating position?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts