RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Yamaha yx600 radian dies after I drive for about 5 or 6 minutes. I have been wrenching on this bike for a while now as it's my first bike bigger then a 250. I'm still learning about bigger bike as I've never had to work on them like this. I have cleaned my carbs multiple times due to horrible gas tank conditions. Rust sludge you name it, but now the tank is fully clean as it sat for over 2 years with bad gas. I have not modified anything or added anything. I replaced my battery with new up to date battery. (die hard) and that fixed the no power issue there. Next I cleaned my plugs as they where replaced before I traded for it. New fuel filter completely cleaned carbs and new plugs gapped to speck. (By me they where horrible when I looked at them) new fuel line pitcock is clean no pinches. No air leaks but I have the ( I've been told it's normal) oil leak from my stator case but I thought those had to remain dry. All ground points have been redone. (Scrapped all nasty unwanted gunk away and clean metal revealed) all fuses are good. All connecters are clean. But when I drive for 5 6 mins it dies. Won't start no spark on the emergency jump. (flat head screwdriver to ignition relay) and no lights. Nothing bikes just dead. I did research and I need a special ohm reader for my bike to test my stator don't have money for that. I was also told it might by my regulater/rectifier. But ik it's not both as my battery charged Before as I used to be able to start it right up after I cleaned the carbs. I did however when jumping the bike accidentally touched the small blue wire on the relay and i heard something pop but it wasn't a fuse. Was that me blowing my rectifier? I can idle it for about 15 20 mins before it dies but getting down on the throttle kills it fast meaning I'm killing my battery. Am I on the tight path and am I going through prosses of elimination right with this issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts