1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
177 Posts
That is pretty sweet. Visually looks better than the ER6n, IMHO. On the negative side, it's heavy and overpriced. The way the headers bend forward looks a bit strange to me also. But overall, nice looking machine.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
That is pretty sweet. Visually looks better than the ER6n, IMHO. On the negative side, it's heavy and overpriced. The way the headers bend forward looks a bit strange to me also. But overall, nice looking machine.
Looks more like a Z1000 to me. Seeing as it's an inline 4 I'd say it's probably more aimed to compete with other naked I4's than a 650cc twin but I could be wrong. Their literature does specifically mention the fact that it's half way between a 600cc and 1000cc (implied I4)...

Nice looking bike though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its only about 40 lbs more than the er6n wet weight

·
Registered
233 Posts
Only thing in the US that this really competes with is the Street Triple, which is about 60 lbs less, though 10 less peak lbs ft of torque and $400 more. The liter nakeds are way out of it's league both in performance and price. Pour some money into a Kawi 650 and you might be in the same region. Maybe.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cool looking bike. A belly pan and a better looking exhaust and it'll be bangin

I wonder if a R8 is in the works, that would be cool if it was reasonably priced

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
an fz1 is prob'ly a better deal.

the other day i was at narnes and boble, sipping a bux, and thumbing through one of the MC mags, which rated the Z1000 as one of the best bikes for 2010(or 2011 - can't remember).

while i have been enamoured of the fz1 for awhile, i've about decided that the versys is my dream machine.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The Sept issue of Motorcyclist has a page (p 42) on the FZ8, and they say how it is not available in the US. So that has changed already?

Price tag was around $12,000.

And FWIW, they also list the 650R in their Smart Money story (p 87) and Steve, be sure to check page 80 for the review of the Versys!

·
Registered
88 Posts
New Z1000's are selling for $8,500. For the price you are getting soooooo much more with the Zed. Without a doubt I would go that route over the FZ8.

Soon to be my next bike:

·
Registered
177 Posts
New Z1000's are selling for $8,500. For the price you are getting soooooo much more with the Zed. Without a doubt I would go that route over the FZ8.

Soon to be my next bike:
Ohh, now that's naked done right. Someone give me a pillow for my lap. :agree: I always hated the white/orange color scheme I keep seeing, but all black is perfect. Yes, the FZ8 needs that little chin fairing that the Z1000 has.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Steve, be sure to check page 80 for the review of the Versys!
yep, i read it. phooey on the rider who didn't like it, although i would certainly test ride before signing the check. i bet i'd love it. and please quit making me think about it; i'm sort of like already drooling while i type.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
yep, i read it. phooey on the rider who didn't like it, although i would certainly test ride before signing the check. i bet i'd love it. and please quit making me think about it; i'm sort of like already drooling while i type.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's my dream bike for now.....What? I said the 09-10 Z1000......in Black PLEASE!
Did somebody say $8500? hmmmm....I wonder where that might be?

Ok, I'll go back to my original plan, the FZ6R in Black....but nobody wants to go down on their prices....for the 2009. They still want more than 6K for these bikes...an I refuse to do it.

Hey, good things comes to those who wait..we'll see

·
Registered
414 Posts
Oh, what Id do to that bike.

But yeah...:glassesti
For a few k more, the Z1000 would be my choice.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's my dream bike for now.....What? I said the 09-10 Z1000......in Black PLEASE!

Ok, I'll go back to my original plan, the FZ6R in Black....but nobody wants to go down on their prices....for the 2009. They still want more than 6K for these bikes...an I refuse to do it.

the fz6r is garbage... get a used fz6 if you wanna go the yamaha route

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

My cousin and his girlfriend both picked up brand new 2009 FZ6R from our local dealer for $4999

·
Registered
341 Posts
the fz6r is garbage... get a used fz6 if you wanna go the yamaha route
I think it depends on what one is needing, wanting and expecting in a bike. I've read reviews that were not very flattering of the fz6, and reviews on the fz6r that were very positive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts