RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to buy an upper triple tree. Instead of buying adapters to fit my Carlini Harley Clean Sweep bars, would rather drill the tree out for larger bolts and wiring and have the least bike down time.

Let me know if you have one laying around.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Seems like the $20 studs would be cheaper than a new upper tree. Are you wanting to run hollow bolts for wires to pass through?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 1-1/2" carlini bars are drilled for the wires and I'm going to drill the upper tree close to the risers to almost hide them. The bars I have only has a 7" rise so I'm going to make my own risers (w/ chrome craftsman sockets, lol) and would feel more comfortable w/ 1/2" instead of 10mm bolts.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Gotcha, I was kinda worried about a hollow bolt there so I'm glad you have other plans. Once the sockets are on there you won't tell the different between those and genmars. Oh yeah you can, the sockets will be chrome and match the bars unlike the genmars.
I did something very similar with my Wild1 bars and meanmachinist risers.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
so did you go with the 1.5 diameter bars in 7" rise, and 7" pullback? if you are lookin for risers why did you not go for the 9" rise with 9.5" pullback.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i got the 1.5 diameter bars in 7" rise, and 7" pullback...The reason I got them is b/c I got them for $110 brand new and knew I could make some risers if needed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts