RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the mustang seat, and I was thinking it'd be nice to have a little more storage in case I take a weekend trip. Does anyone have anything they're looking to get rid of, or suggestions as to what is compatible? Would I need to get the luggage rack if I wasn't planning on having a passenger?

Thanks,
Weeple

·
Registered
458 Posts
I will get some pics for you of my setup. I can't help with where to get it, as it came with the bike.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here you go. One with the Rapid Transit bag on there, and a couple without. Jardine backrest and luggage rack.

·
Registered
216 Posts
CWI makes a set up that would work. Brackets, 2 sizes of sissy bar, 3 sizes of pads and a ton of rack choices. And you can add and remove the rack and leave the sissy bar in place.
I bought the brackets but they do not fit with my fender conversion, none would, had to get custom. Not to hijack a thread but I'll sell the brackets for $40 shipped con US.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Chopper

This is my setup. Rack and sissy are Highway Hawk. The bag is a Saddlemen 1300 roll bag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone go without the luggage rack and just let the bag sit on their passenger seat? I'm thinking I wouldn't be riding 2 up if I went somewhere, not sure if I could get away without buying the rack too though. Thanks a bunch for the responses.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Does anyone go without the luggage rack and just let the bag sit on their passenger seat? I'm thinking I wouldn't be riding 2 up if I went somewhere, not sure if I could get away without buying the rack too though. Thanks a bunch for the responses.
I'm sure you could. A lot of these bags advertise their ability to be mounted just about anywhere.......including the passenger area. Only issue may be for those times when you have a passenger and need storage.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What kind of windshield is that, I like it!!
The one in my avatar is a Memphis Shades Speed Demon and I sold that last year. The one in the pics I posted above is a pop top. I like it best of all the ones I've had...which has been many. But I would like to get the same one in clear instead of black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts