RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the mustang seat, and I was thinking it'd be nice to have a little more storage in case I take a weekend trip. Does anyone have anything they're looking to get rid of, or suggestions as to what is compatible? Would I need to get the luggage rack if I wasn't planning on having a passenger?

Thanks,
Weeple

·
Registered
458 Posts
I will get some pics for you of my setup. I can't help with where to get it, as it came with the bike.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here you go. One with the Rapid Transit bag on there, and a couple without. Jardine backrest and luggage rack.

·
Registered
216 Posts
CWI makes a set up that would work. Brackets, 2 sizes of sissy bar, 3 sizes of pads and a ton of rack choices. And you can add and remove the rack and leave the sissy bar in place.
I bought the brackets but they do not fit with my fender conversion, none would, had to get custom. Not to hijack a thread but I'll sell the brackets for $40 shipped con US.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Jardine backrest looks much more comfy than the Cobra. Is there any place to purchase the Jardine backrest? Seems to be discontinued.

·
Registered
670 Posts
IMAG0001.jpg IMAG0002.jpg IMAG0009.jpg

This is my setup. Rack and sissy are Highway Hawk. The bag is a Saddlemen 1300 roll bag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone go without the luggage rack and just let the bag sit on their passenger seat? I'm thinking I wouldn't be riding 2 up if I went somewhere, not sure if I could get away without buying the rack too though. Thanks a bunch for the responses.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Does anyone go without the luggage rack and just let the bag sit on their passenger seat? I'm thinking I wouldn't be riding 2 up if I went somewhere, not sure if I could get away without buying the rack too though. Thanks a bunch for the responses.
I'm sure you could. A lot of these bags advertise their ability to be mounted just about anywhere.......including the passenger area. Only issue may be for those times when you have a passenger and need storage.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What kind of windshield is that, I like it!!
The one in my avatar is a Memphis Shades Speed Demon and I sold that last year. The one in the pics I posted above is a pop top. I like it best of all the ones I've had...which has been many. But I would like to get the same one in clear instead of black.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i roll with the bag on passenger seat as i have no rack it maes an awsome back rest for me i have the kuryakin or whatever the name is

1 - 16 of 16 Posts