RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking for a flywheel/rotor tool for a 1st gen z1k. I need to pull mine and the one on my spare motor. The spare will be for sale once I pull it too!

Anyone have one laying around I could buy/borrow for a fee? Let me know.

thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump. Anyone? I really don't want to shell out for a brand new one..

Has anyone made a DIY version? or does anyone know the thread sizing on the rotor?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Have you checked ebay?

If you can't find a used one, you could go ahead and buy a new one and then after you're done using it you could sell it on here (or ebay) to recoup some of your cost.

·
Registered
182 Posts
:dunno: Can you find a mechanic in the area that'll loan ya one for a six pack ????

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is the puller any different than a puller for say a power steering pump ? A local autozone will rent you one of those for free. I'd take a look and see if that would work for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the puller any different than a puller for say a power steering pump ? A local autozone will rent you one of those for free. I'd take a look and see if that would work for you.
I thought about doing this but ran into a problem. There does not seem to be enough clearance around the backside of the rotor near the crankcase. the fingers on the puller would not have enough room to grab the lip of the rotor.

And yes, there is a kawi dealership around here but most of the time the mechanics will not loan out their tools since they are usually personally bought...

I just looked in my shop manual and the threads are 38mm x 1.5. I may try to find a large nut locally and weld up a tool before I go out and buy one. Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts