RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a radiator for the 07 Ninja 650R. Mine caught several rocks today with nice holes punched into it.

Please send pics and prices to [email protected]

Thanks,
Thomas

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't have a rad. but I did do a ghetto tar/chip preventative measure on the rad. I bought a diamond honeycomb sheet, cut it with snips to the rad's size... then used good quality "zip strips" and weaved it through the honecomb attaching the breathable sheet over the back of the radiator mounting brackets. pretty helpful mod.... not sexy but it works.

good luck with your radiator search

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't have a rad. but I did do a ghetto tar/chip preventative measure on the rad. I bought a diamond honeycomb sheet, cut it with snips to the rad's size... then used good quality "zip strips" and weaved it through the honecomb attaching the breathable sheet over the back of the radiator mounting brackets. pretty helpful mod.... not sexy but it works.

good luck with your radiator search
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kawasaki-Ninja-6...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5766321c

Similar idea but prettier and more expensive.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those holes are still pretty big in my opinion. I'd be pissed if i spent 100 bucks on that thing and still had an issue with rocks ruining a coil.

Nice aesthetically...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I stripped the right side bolt on mine. Any tips on what I'd need to fix it? I'm guessing a helicoil? Never used one though.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
You have to be very careful, or you'll drill through the radiator.
Measure the width of the bung and mark that on the drill.
Then drill and tap the hole, again measuring and marking the tap.
Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts