RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I am looking for a set of Jardine forward controls for my 2003 Meanstreak. I have OEM Mean Streak controls for partial trade. Please let me know what you have available and a price. Thanks -Jared

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want to get these over the winter so they're ready for Myrtle Beach in the spring!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Good luck finding a pair. I have been searching for a while now (only can find new for an insane price) but I acutally want the Mapam forward controls.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had the jardines, but were too far forward for my short legs. I've been searching for some mapams also, but since they are NLA, makes it even more difficult to find. One of the members here is working on selling some custom ones.

·
Registered
926 Posts
This is off topic but Hey J-Ball, how do you like the 200/120 tire combo? I was thinking of doing that when its time new rubber.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you have a little mechanical skills, you can get a set for a nomad and make them fit. You can usually find them very reasonable onebay around 160

·
Registered
926 Posts
RRRrrrrr , Im currently watching this auction, hoping others wouldnt find it because they abreviated "controls" to "ctrls" making them a little harder to find..... thanks lol im sure its going to go up alot more any ways and im still favoring the mapams more anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the auction. I've been considering the set for the Nomads but am hoping someone out there has the same issue j-ball had, purchased a bike with them already installed and couldn't use them. I'm 6'4" so I could really use a nice stretch. My legs get uncomfortable after only a short ride. Did you already sell your set j-ball?

·
Registered
346 Posts
My bike didn't come w/ them but I found a set from a member on here. I was the 3rd owner of the controls, being too far forward for the previous owners. I ended up trading again to another member on here that lives down the road from me to get stock controls back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
And said member loves the Jardines.. they are just right for 6'1, the 200 rear tire came on mine, so I cant compare it too much except my friends Hardley, and I think it handles just fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
+1 on this - I am only 195$ into mine and they function great. Only took me about 4 hours to do all the mods and install. Just need a little fab stills.
What are the mods specifically? I'm game to give it a try. What are fab stills?

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
What are the mods specifically? I'm game to give it a try. What are fab stills?
You will need turn the arm that hooks to the mater cylinder rod around so you will have the correct angle because the master cylinder mounts a little lower on the bracket, also you will need to relocate the master cylinder fluid cup down a little or get a longer piece of hose. also on the shifter side the likage is made for the heal and toe shifter as on the nomad so you can get the nomad arm and use it or it will work with the meanie linkage but you can not put the shifter arm on very far or it will hit the side cover and the shifter linkage will not be straight but it works.

·
Registered
294 Posts
All I did to mine is:

1) Longer tube for brake master cylinder to slave cylinder
2) Cut the shift linkage off and extended about 1 inch out and about 1/4 up
3) Cut the Jardine bracket where the shift shaft is about 1" by 2" to allow clearance of the shift lever.

Speedracer might be onto something - I will need to go check about flopping the bracket over as I don't like that the springs don't have much tension. hhhmmm???

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
All I did to mine is:

3) Cut the Jardine bracket where the shift shaft is about 1" by 2" to allow clearance of the shift lever.

Speedracer might be onto something - I will need to go check about flopping the bracket over as I don't like that the springs don't have much tension. hhhmmm???
Had the same issue with the spring not returning brake peddle well. I cut spring at first but then turned the arm that hooks onto master cylinder rod over and that worked great, it also allowed me to shorten up the adj. rod for the brake peddle to where it should be. I will take the brake side off when i get ready to paint the bike and post a pic for everyone to see, but this will be in a few weeks

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
All I did to mine is:

I am a little confused to why you cut the jardine bracket on the shift side. it works great without doing anything but to get the alignment correct just get the nomad linkage. that is much easier than doing a lot of fabbing. I got mine for about $38.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts