RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to swap out the stock eyeball on my 2006 sv650. Anyone willing to sell a full headlight set up (or as complete as available) please let me know!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Only one of the most highly sought-after items in Z1000 history.

Good luck in your search, the parts to make a complete setup are insanely expensive.

Consider this a free bump.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes this would make it lok awesome because its one of the most bad *** looking front ends but it will be super expensive i bought the headlight and front cowl for my bike for over $450. good luck bro

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only one of the most highly sought-after items in Z1000 history.

Good luck in your search, the parts to make a complete setup are insanely expensive.

Consider this a free bump.
Yes this would make it lok awesome because its one of the most bad *** looking front ends but it will be super expensive i bought the headlight and front cowl for my bike for over $450. good luck bro
thanks for the bumps. my search is young, but I am open to suggestions due to the difficulty finding a set up and cost.

I've seen a few sv's with an 05-06 gsxr headlight. I'm researching that set up but that z1000 look is what I really want.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can try looking for a Ninja 250, 650 headlight and fairing. The headlights are similar but the fairing it the different part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can we trade bikes

You can try looking for a Ninja 250, 650 headlight and fairing. The headlights are similar but the fairing it the different part.
options are open. don't know how that would work if I'm trying to keep the streetfighter look though. more research is needed

nice bike by the way.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It may be easiest to just buy the Z1K... just puttin that out there, lol!

·
Registered
217 Posts
options are open. don't know how that would work if I'm trying to keep the streetfighter look though. more research is needed

nice bike by the way.
Try fabricating a headlight cowl from a 256/650 fairing. Trim it down clean up the edges and paint it. It may be a lot of work though i you can find a some what in shape plastics it may be worth testing it out.

This could be another option since you do have a Suzuki

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

nice bike by the way.
What he means is that the headlamp/headlight is the same for the Z1000/New model of Ninja 250/650. That meaning if you are piecing this together seperate instead of just looking for the Z1000 headlamp (clear housing with the refelction background that houses the bulbs) you can search for the 250/650 headlamp and maybe find it cheaper. Then slap it inside of the Z1000 front fairing and bracket...if that makes more sense. Google the new ninja 250 and look at the headlight shape vs the Z's and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be esiest to just buy the Z1K... just puttin that out there, lol!
thought about it, local dealer has two used but I just cleared myself of mc payments this summer and am enjoying that too much to go back in debt. plus the mrs. would flip shiat on me

Try fabricating a headlight cowl from a 256/650 fairing. Trim it down clean up the edges and paint it. It may be a lot of work though i you can find a some what in shape plastics it may be worth testing it out.

This could be another option since you do have a Suzuki
interesting. thanks for all the help and ebay searches. I like that look. also, looks like it would give me the room necessary for gauges.

What he means is that the headlamp/headlight is the same for the Z1000/New model of Ninja 250/650. That meaning if you are piecing this together seperate instead of just looking for the Z1000 headlamp (clear housing with the refelction background that houses the bulbs) you can search for the 250/650 headlamp and maybe find it cheaper. Then slap it inside of the Z1000 front fairing and bracket...if that makes more sense. Google the new ninja 250 and look at the headlight shape vs the Z's and you will see what I mean.
did not know that atschach. i was hoping not to have to put the headlight together piece by piece...but as I've said, search is young and my options are open.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im in the same boat ..have been looking for acouple months now...Had one bought on ebay and bought the necessary hardware here on the forum and guess what......the seller never shipped the headlight...I was pissed..
I have now filed a claim.....wtf

So i am back to having the headlight mounting panel ,windshield suppoet and windshield...

So..i am also looking for the headlight and cowl....
Good luck with the search..i will let you know if i find a extra one,,,,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just looked at the difference between the 2 headlights(Z1000 vs ninja 250)
Now that is dam close....
I wonder if they will mount the same????

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just looked at the difference between the 2 headlights(Z1000 vs ninja 250)
Now that is dam close....
I wonder if they will mount the same????
I would have to look again but I am pretty sure I looked on BikeBandit.com or another site that sells OEM parts at one point and compared the two headlights and they both had the same exact part number. I would have to look again to confirm.

Plus have had my headlight/fairing/bracket all torn apart before and from looking at pics of the 250 headlights on ebay and what not they look to be identical to me (front and back and all).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I NEED 2003-6 z1000 headling & cowling/fairing

Hi i need 2003-6 z1000 headling & cowling/fairing complete

1 - 15 of 15 Posts