RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned out nicely. Looks pretty close to real carbon fiber. I need to get the bike outside and take some pics of it on the bike.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice, is it 3M Di-noc? Looks a little different. I plan on buying some and wrapping the same parts you did, just have not gotten around around to it yet.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's see it on the bike!!
Crappy pic

Nice looking work, how did you get it to fit so nicely...heat gun??
Yup heat gun. Flat pieces are easy. Curves and edges will make you go insane.

Nice, is it 3M Di-noc? Looks a little different. I plan on buying some and wrapping the same parts you did, just have not gotten around around to it yet.
I have no idea. I got it from www.trackwraps.com

That looks REALLY nice... good job!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great job wrapping the piece's. Next time you plan on wrapping anything though, keep a glossy surface and prep it with Rubbing/Iso alcohol. Vinyl always sticks better to a glossy surface then a matte finish. I've done a few full bike wraps for my friends, one who use to be on here SteveZ1k. It's all about patience thats for sure...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job wrapping the piece's. Next time you plan on wrapping anything though, keep a glossy surface and prep it with Rubbing/Iso alcohol. Vinyl always sticks better to a glossy surface then a matte finish. I've done a few full bike wraps for my friends, one who use to be on here SteveZ1k. It's all about patience thats for sure...
Right. I had rattled canned the frame covers before hand so I rubbed them down with some sand paper to try and get them as smooth as possible. You're a more patient man than I...I tried to wrap the race bodywork on my 600rr and almost had a mental breakdown lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, nice job...looks good.

However, I don't believe I have the patience and steady hand for that...lol.
Same here, I'd end up breaking something that I'd regret afterwards.

It does look great though!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well I hope mine turns out as good as yours did. I wanted to have it professionally done locally but the shops all jerked me around so seeing your great work I guess I will give it a go. Hopefully I have the patience to do it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I hope mine turns out as good as yours did. I wanted to have it professionally done locally but the shops all jerked me around so seeing your great work I guess I will give it a go. Hopefully I have the patience to do it.
What are you wrapping? If they're fairly flat it's not that hard. There's plenty of videos on YouTube and such that have a tutorial on how to work with the stuff. Helped me out a little bit.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
What are you wrapping? If they're fairly flat it's not that hard. There's plenty of videos on YouTube and such that have a tutorial on how to work with the stuff. Helped me out a little bit.
I am using 3M Di-noc. I like the textured effect it has. I am wrapping the same parts as you, and depending on how that goes probably my undertail. I would like to do the front fendor but that is super curvy, so we will see how my skills are. I have watched a ton of video's as well. It looks like it is best as a 2 man job, which won't be the case when I do it. I am most worried about the corners and bolt holes. I am not very patient which could be a problem, I doubt mine will turn out as good as your but we will see.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am using 3M Di-noc. I like the textured effect it has. I am wrapping the same parts as you, and depending on how that goes probably my undertail. I would like to do the front fendor but that is super curvy, so we will see how my skills are. I have watched a ton of video's as well. It looks like it is best as a 2 man job, which won't be the case when I do it. I am most worried about the corners and bolt holes. I am not very patient which could be a problem, I doubt mine will turn out as good as your but we will see.
Wow that stuff does look pretty good.

I did mine by myself as well. As far as the bolt holes, I just wrapped straight over them and then heated the area up nice and good with the heat gun and pressed it down into the hole with a thumb or finger. Stuff gets very stretchy when it's heated.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Got mine on today. Just like I guessed I did not have the patience to make them look as nice as yours. I have a few creases but oh well, I still think it looks really good. Man my fingers are killing me though lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts