RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2010 Z1000 over the weekend. I'll post picks later on today or this week. But on my 03 Z , like many, i had case sliders installed. The new model doesn't have the pucks that you can unscrew and bolt the sliders in place. So, i found these online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Z1000-Z-1000-Engine-Case-Guard-Rings-Frame-Sliders-2010-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0b15f3cfQQitemZ180574614479QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1406wt_916

It says they attach via some adhesive. My question is, would you trust a case slider thats just held on by 2-sided tape.

I'm sure it would work better than having no slider at all, but they aren't exactly cheap either. They might work well for a very low speed tip over, but, what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just checked the Kawasaki web site and they are listed and a Kawasaki aftermarket part. It sounds weird, but check with a nearby dealership they may have some more info. If your going to spend that much you may want to contact Spiegler they have some pics of them mounted. They may not be on the engine though they may be able to let you know how far they stick out.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
you'll need them if you keep the Dunlops on it! (laid down thread is me)
I was going to replace mine at the end of this month. A little too late...
6k in damage!

that $400 bucks for good rubber isn't looking so bad anymore.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the tires do need replacing, down to the wear bars in the back, but thats another topic.

Just not sure taping something to the engine case would withstand the impact of hitting the ground and sliding, better than nothing i'm sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The case sliders are show only. They won't protect in case of an accident. It's only glued on the case. Some guys here in Germany had to make that experience. The original Kawi case ring even falls off during ride. How can they stand an accident?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts