RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending Winter in the Skunkworks out in Ohio, the redhead finally lives again. My request to Speed was simple, "Can you build me the most powerful Mean Streak naturally aspirated that remains reliable and capable of running pump gas?" The answer was :headbang:. After we agreed on a price, we drove the Meanie out to OH and unloaded her.

There was a ton of high tech componentry that went into the Redhead, but I'll let Speed answer those questions since I don't know. I do know this: We put Race-Tek springs in the front and Progressive 440's in the rear, lowering everything about 2". New controls, bars and a variety of items to enhance the Bike. I bought a transmission from a 1600 Vulcan Classic and replaced the Meanies stock unit. This will drop some significant revs on the hwy at speed, make her a more enjoyable cruiser.

The motor got new everything it seemed like. Lighter, stronger components, hardened and balanced to each other for longevity. Compression ratio sits at just about 12.8 to 1. I'll be running out to Ohio to pick her up the end of this month, then we'll take off for a week of riding down through the Blue Ridges.

Mean Streak 105 Lives. Beast Mode is on!

Speed did an outstanding job in every aspect of this Build. Can not wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It started as a discussion over many weeks in the wee hours on FB Messenger during the Winter of 2016. Two friends just shooting the ****. Except one of those friends likely knows more about Vulcan V-Twin performance than many Kawasaki Engineers.

So it was natural to ask, "Hey, you build a kick-*** Meanie for me?" The answer is the world's first 105 cubic inch Mean Streak. I named her Beast Mode.

I know there are some V-Twin performance fans in here so let me share with you what a good friend who knows Vulcan V-Twins inside and out did for me. Can't wait to get my hands on it and ride it home through the Blue Ridge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts